After days of being in pain with each and every breath I take, I went to Advanced Urgent Care to try to get some answers. Since Tuesday I've found that every breath makes me feel like a knives are being inserted to my chest and I keep having similar pains occurring in my left should and neck. I have to say, there was drama behind actually going, seems someone's job has priority over my health, but that was worked through and we all ended up going over together Friday late afternoon. I was a little scared to drive since the pain is in my chest, neck and shoulder so I wanted Joe to drive, which usually means we're taking Jackson as well.
Anyway...went over to AUC and waited to be seen. Got in and spoke with the nurse, answered her questions and waited for the doctor to come in to see me. Spoke with him and went over my symptoms and pains, he had some ideas but wanted me to see the other doctor as well. Waiting a few moments for him, went over all the information again and he told me he is pretty sure it's Pleurisy. Now the kicker is, one of the ways to make sure is to have an x-ray done of my chest to see. But, being pregnant, you don't really want to just have an x-ray done if you don't need to. So, I'm waiting to see if any of the symptoms alleviate themselves, if not I'll go in next week to have an x-ray done. Also, I can't really take any medicines for it, as they are all pretty much things you can't take when you're pregnant.
So, after spending some time at AUC we know a few things, I'm still in pain with each and every breath I take, it's probably Pleurisy, oddly I can exercise with either no pain or no more pain than normal, and I'm pretty much in the same spot I was before I went. The only thing that's different is I have a name for it and I also know that using a heating pad might help a little. Although, I did the heating pad last night and all it really did was make me very sleepy. I'm using it now and it's having the same effect now as well.
I was fully expecting to have to go to the hospital to be admitted, so I deeply had that in my head before we ever left the house. It was almost a disappointment at that point to be coming home, if that makes any sense at all. Not that I wanted to go to the hospital, but I figured I was.
There is always something happening at this house, that's for sure. It seems that February is always going to be my month for falling apart!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home