2.01.2007

Been going through some stuff lately.

None if it is huge or drastically earth shattering, just dealing with some internal struggles. I think my emotional self is finally catching up with my physical self, post weight loss. I know that I still have more weight to loss (reality is that I keep going up and down in my weight and that’s a struggle as well). So, my head is trying to catch up with the reality of my new body. Things are so much different now, from things like clothes shopping to just being out in public and how you get treated in a whole different manner. It’s left me with too much to think about and at times I’ve had way too much time to do the thinking.

I’ve already realized that even though I’m very happy being a mom that stays home with her child. I need a break sometimes. I’m not just talking about getting an hour to myself to go to the grocery store. Or going to get my hair done, which is usually about two hours. I need something longer than that. I need a good 24-48 hours alone, with just my thoughts, to get myself back together. I’d love to do something that’s just for the girls or go catch up with some girls, but I really think my first trip needs to be fully alone to rejuvenate my soul.

Recent shopping trips have proven to be productive; I got a few great pieces lately in sizes that were shocking. I kept going over to the XL jackets only to be able to get a Large. I know that for some people, that would not be a big deal, they may be trying to get out of a large and into a smaller size than that. But, for a girl that started off wearing a 30/32, the concept of a large without any extra letters in front is just amazing. It’s even fun to shop for “personals” when they are in a smaller size, go figure!

I mentioned earlier in my post about my yo-yo weight struggle right now. I guess I shouldn’t be shocked, there was going to need to be a time when it slowed down and my feet hit the ground, right? Of course, as usual for most, it’s when I have around or less than 10 lbs to loss. (I’m still working on what my final goal weight should/will be, thinking of lowering it again, not horribly low, just a little lower.) So, the last few weeks have been up and down, up and down. I feel as though there is no way to up my workouts to push the losses to come, because I’d have to work out even more than I do and that would just be too much. I’ve upped the intensity though, so hopefully that will help. I can’t believe I’m a chick that gets on the treadmill and jogs for a minimum of 30 minutes on most days. Foreign concept for me only a few short years back.

That’s probably the best summary of the most important things that have been going on, there is never anything overly exciting happening here. So, we’ve remained as boring as ever in our household.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home