1.17.2007

Well, I had my birthday and it was uneventful. Joe worked and didn't even say Happy Birthday to me until at night (when he got home over an hour passed when he should have) and I made a comment to him about what day it was. He's done this every year, except one, since we've been together and it's kind old by now. I've now vowed that I'm not acknowledging his birthday at all anymore since I get the same lack of respect when it's mine. I know that sounds horrible, but come on. How hard is it really to say Happy Birthday in the morning. I didn't ask for gifts, things, parties, just a simple few words. Just because we'd already gotten my gift (which by the way, I was going to pay for w/my holiday/birthday money but he said it would be his gift to me) last week when we were out shopping, doesn't mean you don't acknowledge the day at all! He knows he's still in the dog house about this one though.

That said, I do really like the gift I got from his last week. We went shopping at TJ Maxx and I picked up two Dooney & Burke purses for just under the price of one of them, so that was cool. I'm currently using one of them, that was my birthday gift. The second one was put away and when I've reached my goal weight and maintain for a while than I'll allow myself to use that one. It's a form of a reward for having gotten to where I'll be at that point, so I don't want to use it now.

I did however make myself one of my favorite means and completely enjoyed it, zucchini crabcakes, cole slaw, cucumber salad, fries for everyone else and crustless pumpkin pie for dessert. I know, I know, zucchini crabcakes aren't the REAL thing, but for me and my being on Weight Watchers they are pretty darn good and I like them. Plus, you don't feel like you're ruining everything to to eat them, good and with reason for a meal plan.

Recently I've actually started to jog while on the treadmill and it feels great. Today I did 3.07 miles in 31 minutes. I probably could have gone longer, but I had to get ready to take Jackson to speech therapy so I needed to get cooled down enough to shower. I can't believe I'm a person that jogs, that still amazes the tar out of me. Two years ago I didn't even want to walk on the treadmill and now I get one to jog....boggles the mind.

Lately I've been really wising my sister lived closer. I guess having her and the girls here after the holiday really hit that home for me. Not having family less than 4 hours away really stinks and she's actually more like 11 or 12 hours away, so that's even worse. This is not to say that I'm going to move to Maine, if anything I'd move farther south to North Carolina or something, but I do miss having her and my nieces around. (Please don't mistake that to mean I would want my in-laws around though, that's not the case!)

Okay, I realized that I'll probably acknowledge Joe's birthday by September, just ticked off at him right now...lol. Time will calm me down and I'll get over it, a little.

That's probably about it from here. I finally have all the holiday decorations down, they've been down for a few days, just a few boxes that need to go in the basement still. So thrilled about that. Soon I'll be bringing up the Valentine's Day stuff to decorate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home