Had my weekly weigh in this morning and I lost 2.6 lbs. Now I've officially lost more weight than I currently weigh! I've lost 178.5 in total and can't believe it. It's such a great feeling to know that in less than 2 years I've done this and only have a small way to go.
Now, that being said, we're coming up the holiday again and this is my horror time. It all starts at Halloween, goes through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday and Valentine's Day. It seems that from mid-October until mid-February there is always something you can celebrate and some "must-have" food there tempting us.
Well, this year I'm not making as many side dishes for Thanksgiving and making sure that I'm ensuring my ability to each properly over making sure everyone has what they want. If you want something specific, supply it yourself! Also, Christmas will be at my house and I'm cutting down on the number of cookies I make. I plan to give a lot of it away as well, I just love to bake. Last year what I did was allow myself one cookie from each batch (or type if I did more than one batch of a particular type). Now I think I did pretty good considering I made something like 13 or 14 different kinds of cookies/bars last year.
We're in the midst of some problems again w/my in-laws. I just have a feeling that I'm not getting the full story on something here, which is really irritating me. I just have to make sure that Joe keeps his foot down on what we've decided and doesn't cave in, especially if his mother starts pulling this crying crap that she's known to do to get her way. I can totally see that happening. Goodness, what family did I get myself into!
Back to my weight loss, I have a horrific feeling that when I get on the scale tomorrow that I'll be up from today. I have this feeling all the time and usually am pretty accurate. I have an even bigger feeling it will be the case that I'm up tomorrow because it's that wonderful girlie time of the month for me! Yeah, don't you just love it ladies?
Okay, it's late. Joe is doing an overnight at work and that means I'll have a hard time getting to sleep, but I'll sleep better. He's a snorer, so I think it alters my sleep quality.
Oh, I'm having lunch out tomorrow. So excited. I'm meeting up with someone I used to work with, that left the company shortly after I did (although for him it was completely on his own). It will be so nice to have adult conversation during the day that's not w/a family member!

1 Comments:
Kim, I am so completely proud of you. Sorry about the family drama, but you are my inspiration,still, for staying the course!
Post a Comment
<< Home