Oh my goodness, I didn’t realize how long it had been since I posted until I just looked. That’s horrible!
So much going on…
Joe’s been gone a lot, so that stinks. Last I posted he was preparing to leave for VA, he did that and we got through it. Now he’s been working long hours and I’ve over that. Right now he’s doing almost 2 weeks with no time off and pulling 12-13 hour shifts each day. Which means not much time with all of us for a while. But, once his section of the store opens he’ll be home more, which is nice.
Right now my mother-in-law is here visiting with us. The plan was for her to be here for about a week, but that turned into longer since we didn’t go get her return ticket earlier for her to leave earlier. Oh well, that’s done with now. She’ll be back in October since we need her here to watch Jackson while I get my tattoo. Than she and father-in-law will be here in November for the holiday. So, we’ll be seeing a lot of her for a while, but as long as the trips aren’t usually too long it will be okay. I just don’t do well with someone being here too long, no matter who it is, will get on my nerves after a while.
My weight loss is doing okay. I was losing pretty decent for some time. But, I know that this week will show a gain. Not sure exactly how that’s happening. I’d like to think it’s because I’m weighing myself earlier in the morning that I used too, but I have a feeling that it’s just my body having a plateau that I’m not happy about. Well, there is also a small chance it has to do with my increased working out. Lately, I’ve been adding some jogging/running into my time on the treadmill. I never thought I would say it, but I can see myself running in the not so distant future. I always had comments to make about those woman that went out running with their dog after their kids left for school for the day, but I can see that happening in a year or so…it’s nutty! I even went out and bought some nicer workout gear because I was just sweating way too much to wear regular stuff.
Went for a dentist appointment that was supposed to just be a consultation to set up some cleanings and stuff like that. Well, the next day I was back for a drilling out of the teeth and a filling and a set up for a crown to be finished later this month. That stinks, let me just tell you. Definitely some money I didn’t plan on spending.
Later in the month I also go for an Internist appointment since I haven’t had a check-up in more years that I can even figure out. I just need to see a doctor on a regular basis, especially after this past winter and the medical stuff that went on with me. Heaven forbid I actually take care of myself and put myself first…that’s just not acceptable for a mommy.
I went crazy baking the other day. At work they were having a bake sale, well Joe’s work that is. I made two batches each of chocolate chip cookies, dried cranberry white chocolate chop cookies, butter cookies with pink sprinkles and some vanilla cupcakes with pink buttercream icing. I love to bake, but I don’t want to keep it in the house for too long, so this was a perfect opportunity for me to bake and get rid of it right away! Plus, the bake sale was because they have a co-worker that we recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so they are doing fundraisers for her whenever they can. I keep telling people that I talk to, that are shocked I made so much stuff, that I’d like to think if something happened to one of us that the same would be done for us. I’d just like to think that, so if I can do it for someone else with minimal effect to my family than I will.
Oh, last weekend I got my hair colored and cut. It really needed to be done, it was getting way too long and my gray was coming through too much for my liking! So, we did some auburn over top of my dark brown and put some blonde highlights in as well. If I have a good hair day maybe we’ll do a picture and post it on here.
Did some clothes shopping the other day and went down a size, which was fun. That was a nice feeling. Being able to shop in “regular” stores is nice, haven’t been able to do that in a long time and it feels awesome.
Not much else that I can think of. One of those times in my life when there is so much going on that it’s hard to put into words because some of it seems so mundane. Life as a stay at home mom I guess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home