I just made cranberry sauce. I have never done this before people, never! But, I went into the pantry to make sure we had a can for tomorrow and it was expired. Last year, or maybe two years, ago I had bought the jellied and whole berry cranberry sauce. I had hoped that I could get away with opening the whole berry, but when it came to Thanksgiving Day I inquired as to what everyone would eat and they all wanted the jellied stuff. I was okay with that, I eat that too, but didn't want to open up both cans because I just knew I'd end up throwing extras out (should have just done it at the time since I'm throwing it out anyway). Well, I had cranberries that I'd picked up at the orchard and decided to go ahead and make it from scratch this year. So excited. I tasted it before I put it in the fridge and it was pretty good. It's a Splenda recipe, so if I stick with just one serving I can have it for no points! The biggest trick will be if Joe will eat it...lol!
Speaking of Joe, he's not feeling well. He has called his doctor this morning and made an appointment to go in, hoping to get this taken care of before it got worse (he's got a real bad sore throat and has a hard time swallowing). Well, he goes to work and tells me he'll just come back for the appointment and go back to work after. Okay, nothing wrong with that I guess. He couldn't have been at work for more than 10 minutes when he called to tell me he needed the doctors number because he needs to change the time. I think he forgot that it's the day before the holiday, when he called they couldn't give him a later time they re-scheduled him for Monday. I'm a little irritated because he could get worse by that time and will have been home for all but day until that time, possibly getting us all sick as well. Add that his parents will be here as of Saturday, making yet more people sick! All this because about a half of the staff decided to call in to work today, which leaves them desperately understaffed for the day before the holiday and he is supposed to be training some new people as it is. Argh! I'm so over this job he's got and how they don't give a rats about this employees. They keep stringing him along about giving him a better position, but when one comes up, something always happens that he doesn't get it.
On the upside...he got a call from the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration about going in for the interview. He's already done two of the test/assessment things and we were just waiting for this phone call. So glad he got the call and now just has to set up a time to go in. My luck he'll come home telling me he's going in on Monday...lol. The whole point to having that day off was that he would be here with his parents. The doctors appointment is one thing, it's five minutes away and will take not that much time. But if he's got to drive out to this interview I may just have to hit him!
I feel so good about this Thanksgiving that it's not even funny. The relief of not having to cook for others when I'm still dealing with my food issues has really been good. We're even planning on going to KMart tomorrow morning for their Thanksgiving Day sale stuff, there is always something you can pick up for a good price. And, we're starting our list of things for Joe to pick up on Friday morning.
Still doing laundry today. I slacked off yesterday and didn't get it finished, so I'll keep working on it today. No big deal to me though, it has to get done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home