As of this morning I have lost a total of 105 lbs, since I showed a 2.2 lbs loss this past week. Still amazes me when I step on the scale, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, I do put the work into it, right?
Last night I made a comment to Joe about his efforts, of lack thereof, with Weight Watchers. We were talking about the fact that he hadn't had any water yesterday and not much in terms of veggies. He made some smarty comment about how he didn't have any water because I didn't have it waiting for him. I flippantly said that I'm sorry, it's not my job. He proceeded to say that he was kidding. But, I looked at him very seriously and said that I was being serious. It's hard enough for me to do WW for myself, I can't do it for him as well. That's is a lot of pressure to expect me to doing the program for both of us and that he has to step up and start doing it for himself. It's been something that's been bothering me lately because there is a lot of pressure for me to do this for both of us, which shouldn't be the case at all. I know he has other influences working against him since he's at work during the day, but I can't be the only one holding this all together. It was late when we were talking about this, so it might come up again in the next few days.
I am almost done with my holiday shopping. I have one person to still get a gift for, which is a themed gift so that might take more time to find the item. I'm pretty sure I can go up to a specific store to pick something up, just have to make the journey up there to do the shopping. After this holiday weekend everything will be wrapped and ready to go. Most of this is because we exchange gifts w/Joe's family while they are here and they will be taking gifts back up with them so that we don't have to ship them. So, that is always a nice push to keep me moving on the purchases.
Found out that Joe will actually be home on Friday, never would have thought that would happen. But, with the funny holiday week and the fact that he's paid for Thursday, that means they have to give him a day off before the weekend but not prior to Thursday...so, that leaves Friday! He'll work today, tomorrow and Wednesday, have off Thanksgiving and Friday, work opening Saturday and have off Sunday and Monday. It will work out great because that way he can see his family almost the whole entire time they are here, since they won't get here until Saturday afternoon.
We have to call the carpet people because we aren't thrilled with the seaming job, just another thing that hasn't run smoothly through this whole basement finishing process! However, my new table and chairs should be arriving tomorrow, so I'm really excited about that. Hopefully nothing will be wrong with them...lol.
Doing laundry again today. No big deal, but it always amazes me how people don't like doing laundry. It actually doesn't take a lot of work, most of the process is just waiting for the laundry to get done so that it can be moved into the dryer or folded.
I've recently come to realize that I have a slight obsession with Martha Stewart, so much so that I got her Christmas music collection when we were at KMart the other day. I'm horrible! I haven't listed to it yet, but it doesn't help that I'm a sucker for holiday music and could really listen to it all the time if allowed.
Cold weather is upon us now. I kinda like the cold weather, minus one thing. My hands get horribly dry and cracked. It's been worse since I've been home because of washing my hands more and always doing something with Jackson. It's not a good sign for the winter when I'm already dealing with red/dry/cracked hands this early in the season.
So excited for this weekend. We'll have a lo-key traditional (well almost, I'm doing many traditional fixin's w/some WW spun classics too) and be able to start getting decorated on Thursday and Friday! I love this time of year and can't wait to have the decorations up and ready to enjoy the music, smells and occasionally the tastes, of Christmas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home