11.14.2005

It's been a little while since I last posted, today seemed like a good day to get back at it as I had my weigh in and needed to post the results.

This past week I lost 1.1 pounds, for a total of 102.8 pounds. I still can't believe it. I also still can't believe that I haven't gotten my tattoo yet...lol. Maybe while my in-laws are in town, so that they can watch Jackson while I go get it. But than again, maybe not. I'm not sure. Either way, getting on the scale now is always a journey to see just where I'm at during that very moment.

Tonight for dinner we're having veggie lasagna, we'll have to see what this tastes like as it's something that we picked up at Costco in the frozen section. I do hope we like it though, we have two trays of it so there will be some still in the freezer for future use. It's always nice to have something in the freezer for days when I don't want to really pull anything together and take too much time to cook up dinner. This evening we'll be having it with roasted carrots, green beans and salad. I'm not sure how much of this lasagna that we'll be able to have in terms of it's points, so I'm filling in with lots of veggies.

We had a playdate with the neighbor from down the street. It went well and there aren't as many toys all over the house as the norm. I can't complain about that!

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my family for gifts this year. I don't know what it is, I don't even care this year, that's horrible. I think part of it is the fact that I don't see most of them but once a year, at Christmas, so it's not as if I know what to get them or what they are interested in. It's funny because last year when we were cleaning out my Aunt Janet's house during the holiday my Aunt Liz mentioned that she was collecting penguins, you would have thought I'd just learned a secret from an FBI agent...I was so thrilled to have info like that. Now to find a penguin gift that I think she'd actually put out in their house. They've very minimalist and can afford to get whatever they way, whenever they want it, so it's always hard to figure out gifts for them. Oh well, another year of anxiety over gifts, this just needs to end.

Last week we went and ordered furniture for my mom. Not everything she needs, but a good deal of it...the loveseat and chair for her family room area, a chair for her bedroom and a chair for our family room, also, two armchairs for a table that we'll be getting later. I still need to figure out getting a bed for her, how am I supposed to pick out a bed for someone else...argh! We also picked up her shower curtain, liner and hooks, the bathmat and comforter. It was the employee discount time for Joe so we had to take advantage while we still could.

Tomorrow they come to start putting the carpet in, they called and asked if they could move the Wednesday installation to today, but that wasn't going to happen. But, they can come earlier than planned tomorrow, so it will be in sooner. At this point I didn't really care as long as it was in before we got the call that the furniture was ready. That would have been a big hassle.

Oh, I had a happy moment while shopping the other day. I'm totally in love with the jeans at Old Navy. I don't know what it is, but I totally prefer them to the ones at Lane Bryant. Well, I know I still need to be in the Women's section and I'm okay with that, but I thought it I would see if I could get into a pair from the regular section. Well, I put the jeans on and the waist fit just fine, it was the thighs however that didn't fit. Man, I was kinda bummed but excited at the same time. I might try on a smaller (again) size in the Women's section next time I'm there because it would be really cool to go down another size, even though I just got a smaller size like two weeks ago. I'm good with one good fitting pair of jeans, because it makes me feel good about the weight loss that I've had so far.

Joe's on his way home from work. I guess I should start getting my tush in gear, not much to do, but should do the few things before he gets in the door and things go nutty. The moment he opens that door the dog and Jackson act like wild children that haven't been played with all day, which we know isn't the truth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home