10.10.2005

I brought a scale with me to NJ, so I was able to weigh in this morning. I actually brought it for my sister, as she will be taking it up to Maine with her when she leaves tomorrow, but nonetheless I was able to use it this morning. I will say that I lost 2.1 lbs, putting me at the 95 pound mark in my total loss. I think the ability to loss this amount has to do with the fact that I've been making the meals for all seven of us since arriving on Saturday afternoon. I'm doing this for me and so that it's cheaper and easier on everyone else. I was shocked to see that both dinners that we've eaten the kids have really liked and even asked for seconds. My nieces aren't great eaters, so for them to ask for more is a big deal.

Things have been going pretty well so far. We left MD at a decent hour on Saturday morning and drove through rain the whole way. Joe drove the first 2 hours and I took over after the lunch stop and did the remaining 2 hours. After arriving we did some grocery shopping and set ourselves up for a the next few days. Since that time we've been attempting to clean out my mom's basement. My sister and I have been down there more these past few days than I think we'd been the whole time my mom has owned this house. We've been to the town recycle center a bunch of times and are there are way to many bags of trash in the foyer to even count. I can't believe how much was down there considering the fact that it never seemed like there was much down there.

It's been good to see my sister and the girls, unfortunately they have to leave tomorrow. But, the girls have to get back to school, they are already missing a day of school, and my sister has to get back to work, she's missing two days of work.

Today everyone, except my mother, went and treated ourselves to Cheesecake Factory. It was something that my sister and I really wanted to do and I'm glad we did. We ate there and brought back dessert so that everyone ate together, we even brought back a piece of cheesecake for my mom. I really think that my mom just wanted some time in the house by herself, she's not used to really having people here and my sister has been here since Friday. So, I really believe that she's on overload and just wanted the silence!

We've mentioned to my mother a few times that she needs to contact the realtor that she knows and have him come over while we are here. I'm really hoping that she finally calls him tomorrow, because it would be so nice to have something come over here and give her an idea of what needs to be done to get this place sold. Things just need to be moved along here...the process is taking way to long!

Oh well. It's getting late and I should get to sleep. So many things to do here, I think tomorrow will be a trip to Ikea for my mom to look around. Stopping by my grandparents in the afternoon and more cleaning of the basement and possibly another trip to the recycle center. Lots to do!

2 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home