Two big things happened today...
I found out that Joe's cousin, Pam, and her family has to evacuate because of Hurricane Rita. Pam, Scott, Hannah, and Reese live in Katy, TX which is west of Houston. I e-mailed Pam today to see what was going on for them because of the storm and she e-mailed back saying that they were shoring up the house and packing the car. However, there was a 100 mile backup on the highway out of town and weren't sure if they were going to leave of not. They had at least two places they could go when they leave and they have supplies if they are forced to stay. The backups on the highway are crazy! They have two little ones, so I can understand why they don't want to sit in traffic. I can't imagine what's going on in everyone's minds, especially with this being three weeks after Katrina. I still don't know if they left, but I haven't heard back from her so I hope that means they decided to wait it out on the road in the van.
Secondly, I cut off my finger tip while attempting to cut up a watermelon. Jackson was still eating his lunch so my reaction had to be minimal to not worry him and Joe had left late for work this afternoon so even though it was 1 pm I wasn't sure he'd even be there yet. So, I didn't want to call work because I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that he might have been late. What I did do was put my finger in the water, get a paper towel and start pushing the skin back together. I did that for a while, blood blister sort of started to form so I tried to keep that under control, sat down because I felt lightheaded (and I want to be a nurse...lol), and continued to deal with the situation. Well, I now have bandaids on it and I'll have Joe look at it when he gets home. I've avoided getting it wet so far, so tomorrows shower will be interesting. Luckily, Joe will be home in the morning so he can help me deal with it.
Just realized the above is kind graphic, hopefully that doesn't offend anyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home