9.09.2005

For some reason I have been having the biggest urge to become a nurse. I don't know where this really came from, but I've been thinking about something in the medical field for a while. Wasn't sure just what it was, but now I think it's nursing. Who knows, this might change again, but for now I'm just starting to research nursing.

The first person I told was Joe. I told him last night when he was commenting that he doesn't know what I want, doesn't know what I'm thinking about, stuff like that. Well, I told him about nursing. But, he didn't really respond so I'm not sure what that means.

I told a good friend, who is supportive of me if this is what I wants. I always like bouncing things of this nature off of her, her insight has always been helpful on any matter that we discuss.

The last person that I've actually voiced this to is my sister. She said, I could see you doing that. But than again I thought the same thing when you were getting your bachelors and masters in justice, so I don't want to curse it for you by saying too much. I knew what she meant, so I didn't take offense by that.

I'm somewhat dreading telling my mother. I think I want to have a better idea of whether this is something I really want to do before I make any comments to her. But, it's not like she wouldn't find out. She'll be living with us so she'll know I'm going off to classes or to work...lol.

Speaking of my sister, which I did above, in my conversation with her today I was pleased to hear that she got a job. It's a temp job, but they have been known to hire on those that have done a good job and have potential. The best part is that it's a government job. Not sure of the specifics just yet, and to be honest I don't know if she is either. But it's something to do with processing passport requests, basically data input from what we can tell, but it's something and she's so excited. It's been a rough summer for them and I know that they are at the end of their ropes financially. So, getting something, even for a few months or more, is so much better than nothing. She was so excited and I'm so happy for her. We're hoping that she will still be able to make it to NJ to see everyone in October (which will be my second trip with Joe and Jackson) and we would love to see her. But, if her job doesn't allow it, I can completely understand.

Joe's at work now and I thought that he was going to be home tomorrow, was planning on calling in so that we could go to a party, but now the party is postponed for another week so he'll be going in. Either way he has off Sunday, but I had plans for these days and now that's all fumbled. I have a gift certificate to Old Navy and was hoping to go shopping for myself (still in the Women's Plus section, but still). It's not in town and the party was close to the store, now I have to see if we'll still make it out there or if we'll just forgo it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home