So bored and tired today that I can't even start to explain. Joe's at work and I just wish I could crawl into bed and go to sleep. I know it's partially because it's dreary and rainy, but it's also because it's that lovely girlie time of the month that just makes me tired. I even took a nap when Jackson napped, but that meant I didn't workout at all. I'm definitely not working out that much this week and not sure what this weeks weigh in will lead to.
Tomorrow we go to a birthday party for a neighbor that used to live on our street, but as since moved and their daughter turned 2 this week. I sort of wish we had a way to not go. It's in the middle of the day, so lunch will be served, but that means we'll be at the party during Jackson's nap time. No nap time and we'll be going to the Walmart Super Center after to take advantage of the ride out to their house, since we don't have a Super Walmart here in town. I know, I know, Walmart is evil. But, until I am filthy rich and can afford to shop anywhere, I'll be shopping there to save money. I still do my part of the local business person, I shop farmer's markets and support my local farmers, so I don't want to hear it. 'Nuff said.
I've been loving eating spaghetti squash lately, heat it up with some splenda and cinnamon on it and you have a great breakfast or comforting night time snack. It's good knowing that once you cook it up you can pull it out of the fridge and have something. Same with the fruit and veggies, when I bring them home I cut it all up and have it ready to go. Makes it so much easier.
Lately I've been feeling like a horrible Mom. I don't think that I do enough with Jackson during the day and I'm going to attempt to use this coming week, which in Frederick County is the first full week of school (although kids started last week), as a way to get into a groove with activities for him. We do stuff, just I don't think we do enough. I want to work on that. I want him to talk. I want him to do well in school. All that good stuff. But, most importantly, I want him to talk because this not talking and only saying a few random words is driving me crazy. I know it's going to be made worse tomorrow when we go see other little kids, some younger than Jackson, that are talking far more than he is. Argh. Another time of feeling like horrible parents because our son doesn't talk and is behind the curve on something.
Gosh, what a downer I am tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home