I'm starting to think that whatever we do is inherently going to be cursed...
For the past few days it's been rather warm on the first floor of our house. I've been under the assumption that this had something to do with the work being done in the basement and to the first floor (where work has been concentrated for the past week). Currently there is plastic tarping up all over the first floor to keep the dust down and to also act as some of the walling that will be put up once the inspector gives the go-ahead to sheetrock. Because of the plastic we were thinking that this was cutting off the air flow and that was the reasoning behind the heat. However, yesterday we looked at the thermostat again and noticed that even though we had kicked the temp down to 70 degrees, it was over 80 degrees! I am almost 100% sure that this has something to do with the work to the house and the fact that the basement heating and cooling is based off of the first floor with the second floor having it's own unit. So, hubby decides to call work last night and let them know that he will be in late, but will be in (which let's not get into the fact that this may mean my having to cancel my hair cut tonight since he was going to need to leave work about 10 minutes early to meet me and take Jackson so I could get the cut done). Of course, since we are both up and ready early so that he could talk to the guys and leave that means that no one was here on time. Currently we are almost an hour after the "start time" and there is only one of the guys here and he's not someone that we talk to about stuff like this...he's not high enough up in the hierarchy to do us any good. It's just too darn hot and it needs to be fixed, I can't stand heat and this is making me very irritable.
Our bank situation remains strange. Last night I checked the account online and the company that we have the problem with in terms of charging and continuing to charge, has for some reason credited me the money back. So, now I have a credit from them and a provisional credit from the bank. I'm not calling the bank to tell them because I'm letting them figure it out. It's the least they can do since we've had to do so much of the leg work on this ordeal as it is.
Maybe it's how I grew up but I have a very short fuse for people who complain about things, but never seem to do anything about it. Now, keep in mind this is all within reason and I've myself have been known to complain without taking action. But, this being said...if something is wrong with you medically and you know that by calling a doctor (especially when you've already seen them in the past) and making an appointment you could possibly seek some relief...and you don't...I don't want to hear you complain.
The next week will be interesting...Saturday I go to a friends Home Interiors party knowing that I can't really afford to buy anything, Sunday we go to an ex-neighbors kids 1st birthday party (guess I should call and let them know we are coming and ask what they need for her) and Monday night my sister and my nieces are coming for a few days. It will be good to see them and I'm so grateful that they are willing to make the trip from Maine after being in NJ for a few days for our cousins wedding.
Oh well...gotta go...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home