If I didn't have enough reason to believe that the bank that I currently use sucks butt I found more reason today when I opened up my mail. I thought that I must finally be receiving info on the investigation into the charges that I didn't place on my card. Well, it was...but...two of the charges all they said was that the transaction did not post to the account, which hello, I already knew. All the other letters are telling me that I need to write a "signed detailed letter" because in their words "a billing error did not occur." No shit, technically a billing error didn't occur because the person had my account number and billed services to me that I didn't authorize. Needless to say we will be back at the bank tomorrow because this is bull. I love the idea of having to write a detailed letter about this, what should I add detail to for them...the many facts that I DIDN'T AUTHORIZE THE CHARGES YOU MORONS!
Just for everyone's basic knowledge, the authorization process for your credit cards goes like this...the store/place of purchase runs your card to make sure you have money in the account to access, that's the main part of authorizing your card. At least that's what the idiot at the bank told us. That's how someone that isn't supposed to be using your credit card can go about charging away...as long as there is money in the account, they can keep using it. One of the many things I've learned through this whole process is that you shouldn't use a bank card. Get a credit card and only put those charges on that and pay the balance every month. I say this because that way if you have charges on that card that you want to dispute, it isn't coming directly out of your bank account like it does with a bank card. I really don't want to see people go through the same crap that I'm going through now, so much so that two of our friends have already cut up their bank cards. I think that in this day and age where everyone wants the ease of not having to go into the bank we've forgotten about the possible hazards of ID theft and fraud that can come of these conveniences.
On a more positive note, we bought Pippy a doggy bed last night that hopefully she won't eat and destroy. She seems to have slept on it all night last night, which is a good thing.
As for the cats, Vinni is being his normal freak self and Vegas peed on a pair of the hubby's shorts...too funny. I told him not to leave clothes on the floor with the cats being held up in our room all day during the construction, but he didn't listen and now I'm cleaning a pair of pee shorts to try to get the smell out.
Our little guy is walking all over the place and getting himself into trouble the whole time. He still hasn't figured out how to go from sit to stand without some form of help, but once he's up he's gone.
On a completely different note...I'm over being the big funny girl. I know that I've said this before and usually nothing much comes of it. But, knowing that I can't do everything with my son that other moms do bothers me. I know that I'll never be skinny, but somewhat smaller would be great. This all came up again when we went through our clothes for goodwill. I kept saying to myself that there was no reason to keep the stuff from when I was smaller because if/when I do lose weight I'm not going to want to wear the crap that I wore before. My plan as of now is to do more research on what types of diets people with polycystic ovarian syndrome should be following. Maybe if I follow a plan like that I'll have some success.

1 Comments:
Kim, I hate your bank! Aren't the idiots at that organization so unhelpful? I remember them well and miss banking with them not at all...
Glad to know that your whole brood is doing well.
And I can relate to the desire to lose weight. It's important for health, but it's hard feeling depressed (I do) about it all the time. I'm beginning to think through some type of weight loss plan, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home