Things here were calming down somewhat after having a crazy few weeks. But, as with everything in life, that means there is a calm before the storm.
Yesterday we found out that Joe has another Pilonidal Cyst. The doctor at the immediate care center told him to keep a hot compress on it and take antibiotics for ten days, if that doesn't work that the hard cyst should be taken out by a surgeon and he gave Joe a referral. The last time he had one of these they lanced it out, but this time they are talking about doing an out-patient surgery for it. After speaking with my sister this morning I found out that she had this a few years ago and the surgery was good, but painful. She had weeks of follow-up work to do at home because you have to pack the opening with gauze and replace it every day. I'm so not up for that, I'll totally vomit or pass out if I have to do that. Icky. I feel horrible too because it makes me feel like a horrible wife for even saying that I can't do it. Also, there is a long recovery time because of the pain involved and the fact that they usually don't want you to walk around and do much activity after, it's all about staying flat and not moving.
Either way the poor guy is at work today in pain and trying not to flip out on his co-workers or annoying customers. He didn't go in yesterday even though he was scheduled and he's definitely gotten grief from some of them about it, but he has off tomorrow. I'll try to be kind to him but we still need to get things done around here. At least he can keep an eye on the little man while I do stuff.
Not that having a husband who may need to be completely immobile isn't enough...but...on Monday they are going to be starting work on our basement. The permit still hasn't gone through, but to do the framing in the basement they don't need to have a permit. They can only do a minimal amount of construction prior to having a permit, but they want to start the process along so that we don't get pushed down on the list. So, 7 am every weekday morning there will be people here making noise downstairs and doing so until 4 pm. This will surely be interesting since our son doesn't wake up until later, usually between 8-9 am. Poor child won't know what hit him when the hammers start.
Some good news is that my sister and nieces are going to try to visit at the end of August. They will be going to my cousins wedding up in NJ, but I won't be able to go with the construction and the fact that Jackson isn't allowed to go. So, I'm hanging out here and they are going to head down after the wedding. It will be good to see them and I know that the girls are totally thrilled to see their cousin, since they haven't seen him since Christmas.
One thing that I am excited about is that we are supposed to do work on our closet. It's poorly arranged at this point because the builders put in the bare minimum that they could, but we are going to take all that out and start over. The big hope is that we won't even need to have our dressers anymore because we can put all the organizational supplies we need in there to do away with them. It's a good thing too, they are completely falling apart and will be trashed immediately.
On a happy note...my niece was thrilled with her birthday gift. We got her a discman that has a radio in it as well, along with Hillary Duff and Norah Jones CDs. She at that age where she kinda wants to be a kid and an adult at the same time. 10 is a strange age for kids these days...she wants dolls and makeup at the same time...lol.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home