8.02.2004

I have a frozen meal in the oven cooking and it's seemingly about to pour down buckets outside. The thunder has been going for a while and now the wind is picking up, plus it's getting much cooler in here so it must be doing so outside as well.

The saga with my credit card gets worse all the time. On Friday we noticed that some of the pending charges went through, so we went to the bank to see if I had to fill out any more paperwork and also to see if we could speak to the investigator for the case. Well, while we were there we found out that some of the charges had just "dropped off" our account and that means it either never went through or they were taken off of the companies that had fraudulently charged them to me. But, that since I had the check card in my possession when this all happened that the case would not be going to an investigator but would be going to the credit card fraud department, meaning that it would not be given the attention that it deserved. I was also told that since it wasn't a lot of money it didn't fall under a category at the bank that forced it to get more attention. I guess the people at the bank get paid enough money that $200 isn't a lot, but a one (retail) income family with a child sees that as a great deal of money that could make or break being about to pay some of our bills, including our mortgage. Today it got even better, I went to check our account online and there is a credit/deposit in the account from a company that I've never done business with. What's up with that? It still makes no sense to me, why can there be any activity (charges or credits) to a card that has been cancelled? I hate the bank!

We're into the second week of construction in the basement. The part that gets me is that by the time this is done I'll have created a whole new schedule for myself and it's much earlier that I normally like. I'm not a morning person and this is forcing me to be one...argh! It's good though, I get stuff done prior to Jackson waking up and I feel more productive.

I'm becoming more of a M-O-M every day. I'm starting to master more foods that I've always been good at, but now not only does it come out better, but I'm also able to do ten different things at the same time as cooking it. Not sure how I feel about this though, might be setting expectations up with my hubby that leads to my cooking more and being spoiled with take-out less. Oh well, that's always good on the bank account.

We went to an ex-neighbors party on Saturday night. We were late because of Joe needing to work but that might have been a good thing. It was nice to be invited to their new house, but they have no concept of the fact that they totally can't afford the place. I mean really, you couldn't afford the house that you had on my street that was half the size and half the price...so you move into a house that is more in line with the size of my house, but costs a heck of a lot more and you will be foreclosing on the place in a few years. No common sense at all. I was nice about it while we were there though, I told them how nice it was and left it at that. It is nice, just not practical at all. It was one of those parties that when you are invited you are also asked to bring food...hhmmm...never know how I feel about though, but with these people you always knew you had to bring food anyway, well, that is if you wanted to eat. So, we brought our baked ziti and I never got to eat any. There was barely any food by the time we got there and those that were on time to the party told us that there really wasn't anything to start with. We were only there for about an hour or so and after leaving we ended up going out to eat with neighbors. How sad is that, you go to a party that is supposed to have dinner and end up needing to go out to eat after? I swear, if anyone ever comes to my house for a party and leaves hungry they need to tell me so that I can change that!

Speaking of hunger, my timer is going off and my son is waking up from a very late nap. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home