7.08.2004

Tomorrow is my son's first birthday and I can't believe how fast this past year has gone. But, most importantly I can't believe how well Jackson has progressed with his disability. He's an amazing little boy who hopefully won't remember much, or any, of what he's had to go through during the first year of his life.

My hubby and I have been sucked into spending more money than we initially planned on the big 1st birthday party. I guess we keep using the "he only turns one once" excuse a few too many times...lol. Sadly enough the same thing could be said for every year of ones life, it just never ends.

I'm in the midst of a massive cleaning spree. I keep thinking to myself that it would be nice to have someone assist in this endeavor. However, that wouldn't work either because I would just go back and clean to my satisfaction after they were done. I've gone through this craziness with my husband. The poor guy will go ahead and help me clean and I'll totally go back and do it again which makes him feel horrible. Yes, I realize that I have control issues, we all have something that we have to work through.

My dog is nuts. She sits at the door and wants to go out, you let her out and then she sits at the door wanting to come in. She just needs to make up her darn mind on what she wants. It goes back to the days when my husband would go out to smoke, Pippy would go out there with him and they would play. Now she wants someone out there, but for goodness sake it just too hot for that in the middle of the day.

Besides getting ready for the party and the invasion of my in-laws I haven't been up to much. I have a feeling that people should take bets on when I'll brake and start yelling and being pissy with my in-laws. Usually it happens after about 3 days, which will be a problem since they will be here for over a week. I might as well take out the straight jacket now and get it ready, I'll definitely need it. It all comes down to the old saying about fish and guests...too bad that the guests never realize that the analogy is correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home