6.28.2004

Getting a child to take a nap can be a very rewarding experience. My son is now napping and I'm able to make a nice salad, eat without him pulling on me and wanting to play. I don't mind him wanting my attention, it just makes it difficult to eat lunch (or any meal for that matter). He's cute and asleep for now and once I hear him awake and/or crying on his monitor...I'll be up there to get him.

Hubby's been hard at work on the yard this past weekend. He wants that thing to look great, but it sure takes time for him to do it. Oh well, if it makes him happy to get out there and do yardwork I'm all for it.

Not much else is going on right now...doing laundry which I know seems so glamoris, doesn't it? Pippy is outside running around the freak dog that she is. The cats, Vinni and Vegas, are sleeping as cats do.

VH1 is showing 40 Greatest Reality TV Moments...some of which are funny and I can see why they are in the show. But, can we stop showing the William Hung guy from American Idol...aren't his 15 minutes of fan up yet? Argh!

We're in the midst of preparing for little man's first brithday party. I have most of the supplies and we'll be ordering the cake early next week for the Saturday party. The thing that is getting to me is that my in-laws are coming down on Saturday. Now to understand this you need to know that every time that they've come down to our house not only have they treated it like a hotel, but they show up any where from 1-5 in the morning, depending on when they have left MI. Because of this, when they said they were coming on Saturday we made the assumption that they were leaving on Friday after work, as they usually do, and would be here in the early morning. We had planned in our heads that we would have the party on Saturday around 2 because that would give them time to sleep and us time to get things ready...and give kids time to take naps. Of course when we tell them this on the phone they finally tell us that they are most likely going to arrive around 2 pm on that same day...exactly when the party is supposed to start. So, now we're changing the time to 4 pm, still including burgers, dogs, cake, etc. I guess in some ways it's good though because I don't have them here during the day when I'm trying to get ready. They'll still be in the car and out of my way...not that they would really help me anyway...let's not even think back to the baby shower last year when I was prego and doing almost all the work for it myself! Oh well...it's not about me (and I hope they realize it's not about them either)...it is however all about the special guy turning 1 year old! The upside to this whole thing is that my aunt and uncle in-law, who I love, will be here too.

Good part about this all is that I'll have lots of material for my blog since the 'rents in-law will be here for a whole week. Unfortunately, the aunt and uncle will not be, but it will still be good to just see them for a little while.

I hope everyone is out enjoying the weather, it's nice out here in Frederick...minus the construction being done on the townhouses behind me. But, beautiful nonetheless.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

did i really go and change my template by mistake like this?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home