6.04.2003

It’s been a long time, I know! Last I made an entry we had just found out we’d lost day care. Well, we still don’t have something set in stone, but we’re on a bunch of waiting lists and hoping that one of them comes through. Luckily, with remortgaging the house, we’ll have some money to play with (although not much) and if I have to take an extra week off of work at least we won’t miss a mortgage payment.

Today I went for my last (well, hopefully last) sonogram. We found out that Jackson is large for his age. I don’t have specifics yet, at the technician can’t tell you that stuff she waits for the doctor to tell you at your appointment. But, from what she said the doctor may decide to induce me early. I’m completely okay with this, it gets me out of work early and hopefully would screw up my in-laws plans so much that they wouldn’t be able to be here the first few days when I want at much peace as possible.

Either way, let’s get back to the fact that my child is LARGE. This could explain why in the past week or so I’ve felt like I’ve gained a ton of weight. This is odd because until now I’ve been under the weight that I started at! All of a sudden I feel like a whale! I am kinda weirded out by the whole thing and I eager to hear what the doctor will say about it tomorrow at my appointment, I need to know details for goodness sake!

On Saturday we go for an all day birthing class, this should be interesting 9 am until 5:30 pm on a weekend! The good part is that this is not a lamaze class and it’s not just about breathing, the class that we’re taking is about the whole process of giving birth and covers breathing, drugs, what to do if you have to have a c-section, what happens during the after birth, what happens while at the hospital...all that stuff you need to know. The big question will be, how much of it will you remember when you’re there for real...but still! I’m somewhat excited about it and think it will be a good thing for us to do.

We’ve also scheduled the hospital tours, one of which we will be doing with a neighbor couple that’s due about 6 weeks after me and has the same two hospitals as options depending on where the doctors are for their shifts that day. I’ve been in both hospitals, both because of hubby’s seizure and subsequent surgery because of it, but it’s good to see the unit that you will actually be staying in for a few days.

My baby shower at work should be coming up soon, although no one will tell me anything about it. I’m so nosey, I keep trying to find clues. The minute my husband says something about a day off or asks about my schedule I assume it’s because it’s the day of the shower. I know, I know...silly! He’s invited though and I’m pretty sure the e-mail at works been sent out to those that are invited.

I do know when the shower at our house is going to be, I should since I was in charge of making sure the invitations were printed up...lol! It’s not this Saturday, but the one after that. Should be fun, it’s a couples BBQ and showers...so it’s more about getting together and eating than anything else...which I’m fine with because I didn’t want to do the annoying shower games. Luckily, we just bought a grill so now we don’t have to bug a neighbor to borrow theirs, that’s when you say, “Hi you’re invited to the shower, you coming? Good, can I borrow your grill to cook the food?” What a loser thing to have to do, but we’d have done it. We won’t have the deck in time, but that’s going to be built sometime in July or August...just when the baby is home. At least he’ll get used to loud noises.

I’m a firm believer in that now. My child will not be sheltered from noise. I think my parents did that to me and I’m such a light sleeper because of it! It’s irritating because I’ll wake up over the smallest thing, like the cat jumping up on the counter in the kitchen (might not sound odd, but kitchen is on the first floor and I’m waking up in our bedroom on the second floor). I don’t want Jackson to go through that, it’s really annoying and makes living with other people a chore at times.

Tonight I’m at work until at least 7 pm because I took extended hours. This isn’t a big deal, but with being at the sonogram this morning and not sleeping well, I’m about to fall out right now. At least there is someone else on phones with me until a little after 6, but then I’m on my own. Oh well, I’ll answer and be polite, it’s what we do. It’s why I get so many darn compliments (and yes, that is a pat on my own back, gotta do it sometimes).

I think that’s about it, I’ve rambled enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home