3.12.2008

The time is nearing for the baby and I’m all for that. I’ve had the range of comments from…you’re not that big…to…oh man, you’re totally not going until your due date are you? I think it’s funny, because we know there is no way I’ll actually go to my due date, Dr won’t let me. If nothing else there will be something planned for a week prior, at least that’s what we’ve discussed in the past. I won’t know for sure until next week when we do the next sonogram, but no one really foresees this sonogram showing anything but a big baby.

The baby’s room is almost done. In the next day or so we’ll be moving the dresser in there, since the dressers for Jackson’s room as finally done being painted. So, than I can wash clothes and put them away and set the dresser up. It will help out a lot because it means I can clean up that room a little more.

Joe and I picked out an outfit for the baby to come home in. It’s really cute. I know we don’t really need clothes for the baby, but the fact is I wanted something new for him to come home in. Just a mommy thing.

I’ve been busy doing other things to prepare for his birth as well, mainly making lists of junk that needs to get done NOW and making food ahead of time. I’ve made a frozen ahead the following:
Crabcakes
Baked ziti
Turkey spinach meatloaf
Meatballs in sauce
Chili

Plus I have a bunch of other stuff in there that’s ready to use. I’m all for having stuff that’s easy to prepare and won’t take too much of my time. Especially since my mother-In-law isn’t good in the kitchen. She tries, but she’s just not a person that can handle the kitchen that well. Not her thing.

Next week will be busy, that’s for sure.

Tuesday night will be Joe and I taking a tour of the hospital’s Birthing Center
Wednesday I have the sonogram and we make some decisions
Thursday Joe has off and we’ll go up to the outlets to get Jackson some more clothing that he needs, bugger grew like a weed!
Friday Joe’s mom arrives in the morning and I get her from the bus station
Saturday Joe will have off of work and we’re hoping to go out on a date!
Sunday will be the holiday, Joe will work and I’ll be trying my hardest to go into labor…lol

Of course Jackson doesn’t have school starting next Wednesday and will be off until the Tuesday after the holiday, so that will fact in to a lot, but we’ll make due.

Thinking of the holiday I guess I should get stuff together for Jackson’s Easter basket. I don’t have anything yet, which is odd for me. I plan to use some time on Friday when Joe is home on bed rest after his leg procedure to go out. He can definitely watch Jackson for a while, even if he shouldn’t get up and play with him. They can watch tv, read, play games, etc. I can run out and get some stuff done.

I just had to laugh; I was an e-mail about the stuff that happens with the baby and the mommy when you’re 35 weeks pregnant. Well, the list the baby’s average weight and length at that time as well. They say 5 ¼ lbs and 18 inches. Yeah, not so much with my kid. At 32 weeks he was already measuring 5 lbs 11 oz, so add 3 weeks onto that and he’s definitely bigger.

Gosh, we’re at that point where I have tons going on but often feel like I don’t have too much to talk about. I know it’s because it’s pretty much overwhelming most of the time.

I’m uncomfortable all the time, back hurts, walk funny, etc. Stomach is achy a lot because the baby is so big and still likes to move around a lot, makes it hard to remain nice sometimes…lol. Plus, I have to pee like ALL the time. Even right after I go, if I get on the treadmill I feel like I need to go again. It’s really annoying. Heck, at least I’m still on the treadmill though, right? Speaking of which. I’ve been able to go faster lately, for some reason it seems to just feel better. I’m currently thinking that my water will break while I’m on the treadmill…lol…that would stink though, cause I’d really want to shower.

Let’s see, what else has been happening?

My mom is driving me nuts sometimes. I know it’s because my nerves are frayed as it is and I’m hormonal all the time. It’s just she tends to tick me off more than others. Oh well.

Jackson loves school still, which is great. Needs new clothes since he’s growing like crazy but I did get him 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of sneakers. That should hold us until next week when we can check out Old Navy, which my coupon, for some more stuff.

Joe goes in for another leg procedure this week, but this time it requires bed rest after. So, the procedure is Friday morning but he’s out that day and the next and not able to help me at home. Besides hanging with Jackson if needed, he’ll be pretty useless.

I’m actually happy my mother-in-law will be here because I really need her help once the baby is born and even more so when we’re at the hospital. She’s excited to be coming, so that’s good too. But than again, she’d practically live here if we’d let her, so it’s not a shock.

There is still ton of stuff to do around here, but we’ll just have to see if it all gets done before baby arrives. I keep saying that I’ll pack the bag for the hospital and than I do something else, I know I need to do it, just can’t get myself there. I think it’s because I know we’re so dang close to the hospital that in some ways it seems crazy because Joe could come home and get stuff. But, I know I need to do it so that we’re prepared and have it.

Well, I need to get my butt moving and do some stuff around here. Plus, I’m getting tired, but that’s nothing new for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home