2.28.2008

Wow, okay, a lot going on around here and it’s actually good for once.

Joe’s been such a worker in the baby’s room. He’s painted, put the border up, put together the crib and bassinet, put up the valances, moved beds around, moved out the tv and did some other stuff that I can’t remember right now. He did that all in the 2 days off that he had and considering we did two different paint colors and he hates doing the cutting in for painting, that’s not too shabby!

Oh, our heat went out completely on the basement and first floors of the house last week. That totally wasn’t good timing, stunk and was cold Well, they came and fixed it and actually are coming tomorrow to make sure that the upstairs unit is okay, we signed up for the maintenance agreement so no extra money on that one thankfully.

Had a great time at bunco last night, even though we had a few subs it was still great. Definitely the monthly boost I always need and am so glad I got involved with. The girls were really sweet and they even gave me a baby shower that included a very generous gift card to Babies R Us and a cake. Well, the cake was yummy and now the rest of my family is enjoying the remainder of it.

We took Jackson over to the library yesterday and of course he asked if we could get a treat while we were downtown. This is what you get when you take a kid for ice cream at Ben & Jerry’s in the summer right after getting books! Well, it was a little too windy to be thinking about ice cream but Joe remembered that there is a bakery right around the corner within walking distance. We knew we had 2 hours of free parking in the garage since we stamped our ticket…so…we headed over to the bakery. All I need is say here is that it’s a very very very bad thing that I know this place exists and is so good. Jackson just wanted a chocolate chip cookie and an orange juice, which is amazing considering the things he saw in the case. Joe and I both got coffees (of course decaf for me) and we shared this thing that was chocolate cake on the bottom, chocolate mousse, peanut butter mousse and whipped cream. Oh my! So good. I have to say it was worth any factors I have to take into account before Monday and my next ob/gyn appt, it was that freakin’ good people.

I’ve been keeping up with my exercise, which has been a good thing. I even feel off if I don’t get a chance to workout, which is amazing considering how tired I tend to be by the end of the day.

We spoke with Joe’s mom and she’ll be arrive the Thursday before Easter, which is right before I turn 37 weeks. This seems very soon and means a lot of stuff has to be done before she gets here (since I’m coming up to 34 weeks on Saturday). Well, I am getting paranoid about how soon this kiddo will show himself and didn’t want to wait. Plus, she’ll be coming the day after my next sonogram so if anything gets said at the appointment about scheduling I don’t have to worry about rushing to get her down here. I have plans to make some dishes ahead of time and have them in the freezer with instructions for her while I’m in the hospital and for when I’m first back home and not feeling like dealing with making dinners.

Some of my paranoia about when this kiddo will come stems from a dream I had that he’s going to show up on Easter day. Now keep in mind, we won’t be doing anything special for Easter because Joe will be working (yes, remember his store is only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas…gotta love it). Well, I told him to just work it to get an extra day off later on. But, now I’m thinking that’s when the baby will come. That day is also the same day as my Dad’s birthday and he would have turned 63 this year if he had been able to beat the Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma that took his life at 43. The funniest part is that I don’t think my Dad ever celebrated his birthday on Easter because it’s not usually this dang early. Another reason I think I’m pushing/hoping/thinking of this day for the birth is that the baby’s middle name will be the same as my Dad’s first name. I think it would be very sweet if they had the same birthday too. I can’t do anything to make it happen, especially with it being a Sunday and holiday it’s not like I’d be induced or c-sectioned that day so it will only be on his own.

Well, very tired and needing to get some sleep. Joe’s working late to prepare for a big walk they will be doing in his room next week, so I might as well head to bed early and catch some Zzz’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home