Okay, been a good long time again since I last posted.
Let me think of some highlights:
Had 32 wk checkup sonogram to find out baby was estimated at 5 lbs 11 oz...still totally big for his age
Had 36 wk checkup and sonogram to see that he was estimated to be 7 lbs 13 ozs...again, big for his age
Had my 37 wk checkup yesterday and I'm only 1 cm dialated. Nothing seems to be happening anytime soon. Oh well.
I've set up an induction for Tuesday, April 1 so that we can hopefully keep the size in line and not be too overboard with it. The plan is to call that morning, go in if labor and delivery is available, get the drugs to start the process and wait for it all to happen and have my water broken for me. The doc is good to let me go natural, but she refused to use forceps or suction, so if he gets caught we go to the operating room and get a c-section to help avoid all the issues from Jackson. The downside is that we have to call the hospital bright and early at 6 am, which restricts my eating. My doc said I could eat a normal breakfast, love that! I like her, she's not my regular doc, but one from the practice and she's awesome.
My mother-in-law has shown up, been here almost a week, already starting to get on my nerves. We've had some problems but I've talk to Joe and he's in turn spoken to her. The reality is my words tend to not go as far as his do, especially when it comes out as it's not just my thoughts but his as well.
Jackson has off from school and is already back to school. I didn't go in today to help, just wanted to get stuff done here.
Went to bunco last night, had a blast and ate way too much.
Joe and I went on a date tonight, had a great time eating Italian food and again ate way too much. I swear, I gotta get a little control back before going back in. Our last date night was back in August and I really wish we could go out more often to enjoy each others company like real grown-ups without a child. I love my kid and am thrilled to be having another, but it's nice to just go out and not have to yell about sitting down, eating your meal, etc.
Over a week ago I went and picked up some Clinique facial care products, I went in thinking I was going to get one thing and ended up getting the acne system. Well, my skin doesn't seem to like that since after one use of the 3 steps, my face was bright red, itched, burned, looked like I had a chemical burn. Not good. But of course I'm stubborn and wasn't sure if it was just b/c it was the first use so I used it a few more times. Made my face horrible and went back to return it. They were great and did return it, I got another part of the system and my face is back to normal now. Thank goodness. I was so irritated about it all, I was worried I was going to go into labor with this hideous red face.
The baby's room has been finished.
I've done lots of stuff around the house.
My stomach is gigantic and I can't believe how much it seems that my ability to walk has changed in the past week. I'm still working out with the walking, jogging, weights, prenatal dvds of cardio, yoga and pilates. But, I'm definitely feeling it a little more and being a lot more careful about it.
Oh, I fried out our laptop by spilling water all over it one night. Thought I had gotten enough of the water off in enough time, but not so much. My mom actually offered to buy us a new one, so that's what I'm using right now. I think she realized how much she benefited from us having one, so she bought it for us.
I packed my bag for the hospital. I have a list included that is for the last minute stuff that I can't pack since we use it all the time. But, that list is visible so that's good. Especially since I'll probably be induced so that morning I can make sure I have everything w/o the stress since I probably won't be having contractions and my water won't have broken yet.
There is probably a lot of other stuff, but my mind is going blank....
Oh wait, been nesting a little. Yesterday I made banana bread and chocolate chip cookies, in one day. It's not even a holiday...lol! I'm addicted to the bread, but Joe's not fond of it b/c it's made w/whole wheat flour and a little denser than the normal kind. Oh well, more for me.
Alright, off to watch some tv with Joe!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home