10.26.2007

It's been well over a month, almost two months now, since I last posted. I would love to be able to say that it was because there were some fabulous things happening that kept me so busy that I couldn't sit down to type something out. But, horribly, that's not the case. Instead, I've been just too tired most of the time to care about much of anything...including cleaning my house, doing our laundry or on most nights, even making dinner. So, things around here seem to be falling apart, if you asked me it already fell and it looks like crap! I don't even have any of the holiday decorations up and we're less than a week to the holiday! This isn't even thought of it my world most of the time...I'm the one that decorates for Christmas the weekend of Thanksgiving...lol.

Seems that tonight and tomorrow will lead to cleaning and decorating in preparation for Sunday. My aunt and uncle are coming over after going to a wedding in town, so they'll come over for brunch on Sunday to get together. It will be nice.

Since last posting, we went to Hershey Park and had a great time. Jackson loved each moment of it and still will mention how much fun he had. Than we went to the Great Frederick Fair and that was anti-climatic after having been in Hershey Park for two days...lol. Recently we went up to NJ to see my grandparents and go the cemetery, than we went down to Sesame Place and enjoyed doing that for one day. I can't see more than one day there, again, having gone to Hershey first most likely didn't help there at all.

Being able to see my grandparents was really nice, even though we were only able to see them for like an hour or so. Going to the cemetery was good, although it was the first time that we really had to address the idea that I had a father that passed away when I was 12. Jackson never asked why he didn't have a grandfather on my side, just a Gram. Having been there and seeing how emotional I got, he did ask some questions, but it was good. He needs to know and realize, just at 4 years old it's a hard conversation to have.

The pregnancy is going along just fine. The Dr allowed me to do a modified version of Weight Watchers because of how much weight I had gained in such a short amount of time. I've not lost any weight since starting it back up, and adding in extra points for the baby, but I've only gained about a pound which is at a far slower rate than what had been happening in the past. Actually, depending on the day, it seems to be the same few pounds that are going up and down.

Luckily, Jackson still loves school and is always eager to tell us immediately what he did at school that day. Today I went to his Fall Fluency Festival at school and was able to see him in action and even helped with the games and activities. Next week I go with his class as a chaperone to the pumpkin patch, which was postponed from this past week due to rain. And, I've even volunteered to be the class mom on Thursdays as a way to help out. I'll start that next week and we'll see how that goes. It might be most difficult to do as the pregnancy gets farther along, but as of now I should be okay.

I'm realizing that whomever game up with the game World of Warcraft wasn't a married person. Probably some computer geek that can't get any...lol...okay, just bitter and kidding on that part, no clue as to who came up with the game. Just irritated that it takes up as much of my husbands time as it does. Especially lately.

Oh, I was the big winner at bunco the other night. I won the largest jackpot which was awesome. It's not like we play for a lot of money, but it is nice to come away with some when the night is done and that's not happened a lot of late when I played. I never realize how much I need that release of getting away with the girls for a while, until I go and than come home and want to do it right away again. But, unfortunately, it is always a month in between games.

My hope is that when Joe and I go to the ob/gyn next week that they will do a sonogram/ultrasound and be able to see if we're having a boy or a girl. Everyone seems to think, for various reasons, that we're having a girl. But, I will say that as I'll be happy either way, having a boy would be easier since we have ALL that stuff already and the expense would be smaller in the long run. But, if it is a girl I'll be able to go through all of Jackson's stuff and figure out when we'll do a yard sale to make some money off of stuff we can't use anymore.

Oh, we told Jackson and he was thrilled. He likes to tell people, randomly of course, that mommy has a baby inside her belly. Of course I feel like a beached whale, so at least his telling people helps explain that.

Well, it's cold and raining, which I do actually like. But, which no one here he cuddle up with, it's not really as fun as it could be. I guess I should get a move on it and do something productive in the next little while before having to start moving dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home