9.03.2007

Okay everyone, I know, it’s been a LONG time since I’ve last blogged. To my credit, I’ve been busy. Busy doing what isn’t always of note, but busy nonetheless.

Of course for those that read my ramblings often, you know that we were up in MI for the wedding. OH MY GOODNESS! Need I say more? That trip lead to many headaches, some arguments and over 11 lbs being gained by me over the weeklong time we were gone. I’ve still not dropped the weight either, which ticks me off (and to be honest, it ain’t going to be coming off anytime soon either…more on that in the future). My in-laws just aren’t organized enough to pull off a wedding without assistance from someone else and I have a good feeling if we lived up there I would have been WAY more involved. The wedding party was a waste, not to say these people aren’t nice, just a waste of space when it comes to getting things done for the wedding. During that week we did a lot of driving around and feeling like we had to do more for this than we did for our own wedding. In the end, my sister-in-law had a nice time (from what I can tell) and I hope they are happy for a long time.

During the trip there we saw the Wiggle, which was the highlight of my kid’s summer. He had a blast and I’m thrilled about that. We got to hang out with a friend of my husband, his wife and adorable son. After which I found out some stuff that was shocking and I hope that they can work it all out.

I’ve been going to the dr a lot lately as well. It’s good though, they are figuring out what to do about my ovarian cysts. Seems as of now they are absorbing back into my body, but it doesn’t mean that I won’t still have some pain and discomfort because of it. And, unfortunately I’ve had to feel some of that pain, which stinks!

The situation with my feet should get better when I get the inserts done for my shoes. I can and will need to get surgery done on both feet (oddly he said he could made my second toe shorter b/c now my second toes are my longer ones, but I don’t think I want that done since I think it adds character…lol). I just can’t get any elective surgery done for a while so we’ll do the inserts and hope that alleviates some of the pain for a while.

I’ve been craving all kinds of foods lately, well, that’s when I’m not averse to foods too. It’s been very interesting to be around me, but good if you want to get a taste of what my world is like and what I’m willing to eat. I will say though, having cravings and aversions is somewhat humorous when one of the things you like to do most is to watch Food Network. I swear, I get sick just watching some shows or have to just outright turn them off.

Today lil’ man and I are going over to our neighbors for a cook-out (hubby would come too, but he’s working a full day today and won’t be home until after lil’ man goes to bed). I’m bringing some alcohol stuff that’s left over from the last bunco I had, which was last month…plus, I’m also going to bring pasta salad (actually WW friendly too), a watermelon and some double chocolate chip cookies (I’ve already taste tasted a few to make sure they are okay…lol). Sound be fun. My hubby was so irritated as he was getting ready today, since he can’t come, but he’ll have off three days this week so I told him to not worry about it. Plus, ya know, I’m getting used to the fact that we don’t have a normal life like that…no real holidays…only two I’m guaranteed to have each year are Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My little boy started school. It’s amazing and I can’t believe he’s old enough…well, I can…but it’s still hard to think about. He enjoyed his first day and since it starts off on a staggered schedule that it means his second day will be tomorrow. He can’t wait and we continually have countdowns to when he gets to go back. It means I have mornings to myself as I get him off around 8 am and go back to get him a little after 11, nice time to get my exercise in and get ready for the day.

Exercise is still only walking as I have two Dr’s telling me that I shouldn’t be doing anything else at the time. Argh! I swear it’s all just a way to drive me nuts.

Trying to think if there is anything else of note, and I know there is at least one thing…but I’m holding off on that for a while.

Realizing that I have more stuff to bring over to my neighbors than I can carry in one trip…oh well, maybe I’ll call ahead and get some of the boys to help me out. High school boys are good for something, right? If nothing else they can do brute labor in a pinch…hehe.

Man, I need a nap already! Lately a day isn't a day without my taking a nap to get through. Off to do that before heading over for some fun with the neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home