Okay, so I'm ready to make my announcement...
I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I spilled the beans today anyway so I figured it's a good time to do so on here as well.
Last Monday and also Tuesday, I took pregnancy tests and both came back positive. I won't be seeing the Dr. until March 21, but since my body is pretty much like clockwork now, and the two tests, it's a given. Looking like the due date would be some time in October, won't know closer until more Dr visits are had.
This is so amazing, after going through all we did to get pregnant with Jackson, all the hardship and medicines. To have this time around be so out of the blue and seemingly to just happen. I'm still in shock.
It's also taken a few days for me to get over the fact that as of Monday morning's weigh in I was only 1 1/2 lbs from my goal weight and now I'll be gaining again. That just seems strange to me. I already know that I've gained weight since finding out. I think it's my eating more food. I'm doing it partially because I know I should be eating if I'm hungry, for the baby, but I have to watch to make sure I'm not using this as an excuse to eat when I shouldn't be.
The plan is to continue to follow the guidelines of Weight Watchers, eat more if I'm hungry and for the baby, but not go overboard just because I can. To be smart, use what I now know to do what's best for my family. Basically do what I should be doing, making this a part of a healthy lifestyle. Tomorrow I will do my weekly weigh in, but it's pretty much just for my own information to see how I'm doing.
On another front, I can't really drive my van right now. The sheets of ice on top of my van came off when I was driving last night and pretty much almost caused me to have an accident. Plus, of the two window washer fluid dispensers on the front window; one is completely gone and must have been knocked off by the weight of the ice and the other one is just dangling there and I have no clue if it will work if I try to use it. That's not good with the type of weather that we're having, you need to be able to use your windshield washer fluid.
Side note, I completely blame my husband for this. Joe should have cleaned off the roof of my van, but got lazy and didn't. Luckily, he has Tuesday and Wednesday off of work and hopefully the van can go in to get fixed on one of those days. Pain in the butt part, he's working the weekend, which is why he has two week days off. Oh well!
I gotta get my water in. I ate way lots of food after everyone left from our WW get together today, that's my downfall. Eating when everyone leaves, even if I'm not actually hungry...argh!

2 Comments:
okay, the weird thing is that i've been wondering for a few weeks if this was going to happen for you (or was already the case). strange. i seem to have this sixth sense about pregnancies of people i know.
anyway, CONGRATS!! this is some exciting news, to say the least!
Sarah, I've had known you had this ability I would have asked you! LOL! That is so odd that you were thinking about it, good too I guess.
You probably know through S how horrible it was w/Jackson, so this is such a blessing. :-) Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home