To sum up the last week or so:
I was over Christmas and the holiday cheer, well, that's not exactly correct. I was bitter about the holiday since Joe wasn't home that much and I felt like everyone else was getting to have holiday cheer and for us it was just a big hassle to get everything organized.
We drove up to NJ on Christmas Morning, made great time, to get there for me to cook the meal. Well, I do everything but the turkey which my grandfather insists we have on Christmas, even though, as I found out while talking to my uncles, that everyone would really rather eat later and not have turkey. Go figure.
I made way too many different kinds of cookies and truffles and I was stuck bringing some home. I'll be making two plates up today for neighbors so that we can get some of them out of the house, can't handle the temptation.
Since we were gone on Monday, I missed a weigh in. It will actually be the first one I fully skipped, I've either done them on Tuesday in the past or taken a scale with me to my destination to do the weigh in. This time, I'm giving myself a pass and getting back to it next week. No big worries about the result though, I've splurged a little and tried to stay balances, that's all I can ask of myself.
I think I'm getting sick. Of course, it happens every year after the holiday. I think it's because we go nuts getting ready and my body is just catching up.
We've already started talking about next year's holiday. I've made it clear to my one uncle that I plan to have the holiday at my house. If that means that it's just Joe, Jackson, my mom and myself, than so be it. I'm not doing the driving back and forth anymore, especially since we won't have my mom's house to use anymore. So far I know that I'm not having a turkey, I'll do prime rib or something. Family can stay here or stay at one of the many hotels in town, we have a lot of them and there is a new one really close. I'd even be willing to put something together for Christmas Eve, like pizza or something and Christmas morning breakfast. Just as long as I don't have to drive all over the place anymore and worry about boarding my dog all the time and leaving my cats alone.
My mom said that she's had another offer on the house (the first one fell throw on the buyers end, not really sure what the full story is there). Last I heard, these people would like to move in during April. We'll see if that stays the time.
While picking Pippy up from being boarded, Jackson acted up a lot and I felt like a horrible mother. Than on the way home he acted up even more. I actually had to leave the house to have a phone conversation with Joe, leaving Jackson inside playing. I could hear him inside and came back in after a few minutes.
The stop at Cabela's was uneventful. There were way too many people there to actually shop and the lines were too long to wait on. We did have lunch there, which was nice, but didn't purchase anything. Got back on the road to hit some traffic and the ride home took longer than it should have.
Okay, that's about it for now. I'm so frustrated with the day and how Jackson was acting, that I can't even fully think straight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home