Our trip to NJ was short, but we got a bunch of things accomplished and we got my mom out each day at least once. It was great to see her using the seat in the van and knowing that having this special chair installed in the van actually works for her. Yes, she got on my nerves at times. Got on Joe's nerves at times as well. But, that's going to happen. I got on Joe's nerves too! Jackson had a nice visit and we even got to see my Nana and Pop-pop (my maternal grandparents). I told them that we'd be up again next month, which when my mom finds out I told them that she'll freak out. But whatever. I'm over trying to hide that I'm visiting or going to visit because she doesn't want to deal with Pop-pop asking her questions about when we're coming. She just needs to get over well. Well, anyway, she picked out a sofa and chair at Bassett, which works great for us since we have a Bassett in town here so I can just order it down here and know that she likes the fabric and everything.
Had my weigh in this morning and I knew it was going to be a gain because I had eaten crazy even before going up to NJ, had a bad week and I definitely let it show through what was going into my mouth. So, I gained 2.9 lbs, which gets me back to an overall total of 88.6. Not that bad though since I'm pretty sure I had gained about 2 before ever leaving for the trip. Plus, we found out that there is a Cheesecake Factory relatively close to my mom. We found this out by mistake while shopping and looking for another restaurant. Well, when we saw it we said we needed to go because Friday was Joe and my Mom's birthdays. I treated everyone and we actually took our dessert home to eat later that night. It was great and I'm glad I splurged. However since I didn't have internet access while gone it was hard to know how I was doing with food the whole time, I kept as best of a tally as I could in my head and think overall I did well. This week is a new start for me. I'd been slacking as it was and this kicks my butt in gear.
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm not working out today at all. I'm off. I just can't get back in the groove yet. I think it might have to do with the fact that I did all the driving, non stop, back yesterday so I'm tired and am just glad to be back home. Joe has off tomorrow and we're planning on doing a bunch of stuff. The two biggest things are to go up to Boyd's Bears because they are having a promo with Longaberger basket company and I really want to check it out. Plus, the Great Frederick Fair is going on now and I think we'll head to that at night. Last year at the fair Jackson had just gotten his cast for his broken leg that day, at least this year he'll be able to walk around a little.
Oh, which reminds me. He know says another word. Of course it's another word that he's learned from TV...lol. He says "doe", he means Joe, who's on Blue's Clues, but it's another word none the less.
I'm so glad that I made sure the house was basically clean before we left. I couldn't imagine coming home to a dirty house and feel like this. I have to do laundry, but it's not that bad, we weren't gone that long.
This week will be weird for us, Joe's working most nights so it will be just Jackson and I. This might actually work very well for my getting back on plan food wise, I'll have the ability to bulk up on veggies and not worry so much about the side dishes for Joe. I mostly don't care if I have a starch with dinner, but he's big on it, so this way I can hold off on those. I'm in no way doing a lo-carb diet, but I also don't need to bulk up on them like Joe would like us to do.
Okay, enough of all that. I need to get ready for dinner. Joe's bringing home pizza, I know, I know, not the best option. But, I can't think of anything else since I haven't got much in the house and didn't have the heart to put Pippy in the crate today so that I could grocery shop. I had only just brought her home from being boarded so I wasn't going to stick her in the crate right away. She's so lovey right now, I can't stand it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home