6.06.2005

Monday and weigh in today. I'm down .8 lbs for a total of 69 lbs. It's been 6 months since I started and I'm happy with the results so far. Still waiting to plateau and dreading when it happens.

We're still working on the car situation. Joe actually test drove a Chevy Malibu Maxx and a Saab 9-2X on Saturday. Right now GM has a promotion where they give everyone the GM employee pricing, which is great for us since we're in the market for a new car. The coolest part is that it even includes Saabs since they are a part of GM, add onto that Saab has a $6K rebate, which makes it actually cheaper than the Malibu...go figure! Well, Joe always wants to test drive a Pontiac Vibe. I think we've narrowed it down to those three, although there are always others to see and discuss. We're definitely an American car family as he's from Detroit...hello, MotorCity and all! We still need to call insurance to see what the new rate would be with any of these cars, because that will definitely factor in...along with how much we'll get for the Tahoe. I had a breakdown last night about the truck. I have some freaky emotional attachment to this truck and I don't get it. I keep thinking that a few weeks, or months, after we get rid of it we'll want it back! Once it's gone, it's gone for good b/c we can't afford that truck again, not for a long time.

Enough of that...

I did very poorly with exercise last week. I think I only worked out three or four days, which is odd for me. I just didn't care enough. I think I kept using the excuse that my mother-in-law was gone, but come on...she left over a week ago and I need to get over it. I did my tape again today and might do some walking with the family tonight. Well, that is if the heat lets up enough before the storms are supposed to come in. Thinking about it, might not have a chance since I also have to go grocery shopping and Joe might test drive the Vibe tonight. Oh well.

We picked out the theme for Jackson's 2nd birthday party (and no, I can't believe he's turning 2 already!) He's going to have a Blue's Clues theme, mostly because he got all excited when he saw it at the store. So, we picked up some Blues stuff and some stuff that's just blue in color. Hit the $ store and picked up some cheap blue plates, napkins and plastic wear. Definitely a good deal since this year is more about being on a budget and less about going overboard (like last year).

Thinking of his party made me angry though. Not about the people we'll invite that are his friends and their parents. But, about Joe's parents. I don't think they've ever asked if they could come, just assumed they would. I mean really, if they come, that means no one from my family can be here without having to stay at a hotel, which they wouldn't do. So, each year Joe's parents make the decision that they are more important than anyone from my family. Thinking about this made me real pissed off. Where did their sense of entitlement come from? Argh!

It's after 4 pm and I still need to decide what we'll be having for dinner. There are some frozen burritos in the, well, freezer...lol. Maybe we'll have those since nothing else is out and defrosted. It's too hot to worry about cooking anything big and time consuming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home