Needless to say, I'm glad I'm back on MD soil!
The trip itself was okay. Joe realized that some of his friends are morons and he won't be seeing one of them again. I feel bad though, he knows that I don't like some of them, but I didn't want it to come to this. By the way, none of it is my fault, ie I didn't have a fight with them and cause it (but most likely in their eyes I may have caused it in some way). He also somewhat realized that his mother is a pain and up our butts when we're there. I'm just glad he had a decent time and appreciated the trip.
About 5 minutes before we were going to put the last of the stuff in the van and check-out of the hotel Jackson threw up all over the place. It was gross, the boy got rid of about 2 gallons of cottage cheese and he didn't eat cottage cheese. (sorry for the visual on that, but it's true) So, we had to clean him off, take his clothes off, find clothes in the packed van, clean up the place and figure out if I needed a clothing change since I got some on me (which cleaned off fine, I also had OJ on me too, that kinda day). Well, all this delayed our leaving about an hour, once all was said and done.
Once we finally hit the road I started to eat...and eat...and eat. It was very emotionally charged for me. I think the stress of thinking that Jackson might throw up in the van and that we were finally leaving MI pushed me over the edge. The ride there was fine, I had made sandwiches and we were set. I ate perfectly on the way there. Ride back wasn't the same at all. Plus, once we got back home at night I had the mindset of, well I already screwed up, how bad can it get? It gets bad....very bad. I ate all my daily points and way over my weekly points. This is a problem because it was the first day of my Weight Watchers week! Well, I had delayed my weigh in for Tuesday, instead of Monday, because of travel. So, I did my WI on Tuesday and it showed me at the same weight as last week. But, I know that the eating won't show up until next weeks WI, which has me very worried. I was in tears on Monday night when I finally went on the computer and put my food in. Joe wasn't supportive at all, he was in a funk about having to go back to work after that long off. I was so pissed at him that I could have thrown something at him.
Well, yesterday I did okay with food and have been good so far today. However, I haven't done any exercise since Saturday. I just don't have the motivation to do it. I mean, I do, but I don't. I feel like such a lard butt that I can't get moving. Plus, there is so much to do in the house after being gone for a week that I feel like I need to always be cleaning or doing laundry or any one of numerous other things that need to be done. Add to that the fact that Jackson must have a bug of some type because he's cranky and won't leave my side most of the time. He's not sleeping as well at nap time, not even sleeping and hour, which makes it hard to do anything during nap time.
So, I'm in a slump. I don't know how to get out of this slump. I want to wave a magic wand and have the house clean, my child better and have the motivation to get up early and workout before he gets up in the morning...oh yeah, having a hubby that worked normal hours and was actually home ever would be great too!

1 Comments:
Kim, I feel your pain, and I support you. You are doing so great! One really bad day does not undermine weeks of your hard work. I know it can be hard to start up again, but it's one step at a time in the right direction. You are going to keep making good choices, I just know it. And also you are able to assess what prompted the unwise eating on the way back, so you're prepared to face all that if you feel that way again. I know what it's like when your life totally interrupts what you are trying to accomplish, but you are strong and phenomenal, and I am praying for you. Don't give up!
Post a Comment
<< Home