5.30.2005

WI this morning was good for me. I think because last week included getting my period accounted for a smaller, yet noble, loss. So, this week the scale showed a loss of 4.6 lbs to total 68.2 lbs. In talking to my sister today, who I saw at my highest weight EVER back at the end of December, she told me that I'll need to wear a name-tag or hold Jackson next time she sees me. As I know she was kidding, it was a nice acknowledgement of the work that I've been doing. I know that many of you have been supportive during this time and I appreciate all the kind words and support.

Right now I'm sipping on a Fuze Slenderize Tangerine Grapefruit drink. I love the Fuze Slenderize products. I bought two cases of it at Costco on Saturday. I only drink one a day as most of my liquid intake is water, but still, it's nice to have a treat during the day. I still have diet caffeine free on occasion and a coffee every once in a while, but water is my mail drink!

My mother in law left on Friday night. I must say that this time even Joe made a comment after she left that it was time for her to go. I have to be careful what I say since my mother will be moving in with us, but still. I found out a lot of things that I don't think I ever needed to know, but definitely explain my husband and his family.

We got through this past Friday without news of a death. We kidded about it, but it was nice to not get a horrible phone call or e-mail. Three Fridays in a row for us someone we knew passed, two being family on Joe's side, so I guess our three are taken care of. I still feel horribly for Joe, as he's having a hard time dealing, but I'm here to talk when he needs it.

Went to Ikea last week and bought some wall units for our bedroom. Finally something to fill in the space by the window wall in our bedroom. The space that I loved so much that assisted in our picking out this floor plan when we bought the house. Joe's put one side together, but due to lack of hardware in the box, he won't be finishing the other side until at least Wednesday when we drive back out to Ikea to pick up the rest. He's set on getting us at least 10% off the purchase price of last weeks items. I'm up for him trying, being as that's what he deals with on a daily basis, it wouldn't put it past him to be successful at this.

We're also thinking of getting rid of the Tahoe. For those that understand me enough, you know this is a big deal. It's almost like a baby to me. I don't drive it that much anymore, but it was the SUV that I WANTED SO BADLY. We've been thinking about the fact that I have the van anyway, so we don't need two big vehicles. Plus, it costs a lot to insure and gas a big ol' SUV. Luckily, we own it outright so we'll get all the money on a sale or trade-in. So far we're looking into the Chevy Malibu Maxx or a Saab or something. Nothing too small, but not a gas hog either. Basically it would be Joe's work car and I'd only drive it occasionally. But, it would be nice to take something other than the van on those few occasions we go out just the two of us, b/c now we take the van for gas cost reasons.

Bought Jackson a Wiggle's toddler table the other day. He needed something his size because trying to get him to play at the table in his hi-chair just wasn't doing it. We looked around a bunch and I was surprised at how much these things cost. For goodness sake, it's a table for a kid. He loved it when we saw it and the price was decent so it's his now. Plus, added bonus, when he's done with it we can take it apart and store it in the basement.

Have I mentioned that I'm happy to be alone in the house again...lol...no other people or guests. Well, I need to decide on what we're having for dinner. Joe called a little while ago saying he was on his way home and with it being a holiday the traffic shouldn't be too bad. Not sure what the food plan is because I didn't really believe he'd be able to get out of there on time, so we'll wing it. Worst case scenario I have turkey dogs in the fridge and random cook from frozen items in the freezers.

Happy Memorial Day to all. I hope everyone had some time to reflect on those that they have lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home