Yesterday was my weigh in and I lost another 2.6 lbs for a total of 57.8. I'm at the point where I never know what loss I'll have, if any. I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out and my loss to slow down. But, a loss is a loss and I'll take it.
This morning I felt like a horrible mom. Jackson and I were on our way downstairs and I told him to wait for me, because I wanted to be in front of him. Well, he was so busy playing with his blankie that he didn't pay attention and went falling down 1/2 flight of stairs, only stopping because we have a landing. I was horrified. He was crying and I ran down the stairs to get him. He seems to be fine now, besides the rug burned red nose that he's sporting. He's at that age where he just wants to go do, doesn't care that I've told him no and doesn't seem to understand that he'll get hurt. This however doesn't make me feel any better when he's crying and I'm trying to make sure that he's okay. Of course Joe was getting ready and in the shower so he was of no help to me.
Which brings me to the other thing that's going on this morning. Joe got up, got ready, came down for breakfast, didn't clean up at himself and now is asleep on the sofa. Argh! He's working the closing shift tonight and I had hoped to get some help from him before he left for work, but as always, he's not doing crap to help. I can't even go upstairs to do stuff while he's here because if he's asleep I'm not going to leave Jackson with him. I mean really! Go to bed at night at a decent time and this won't be a problem. I'm so irritated right now.
You would think that he'd want to be on my better side since his mother is coming on Sunday and staying for almost two weeks. She was supposed to only be here for a week (which I wasn't too thrilled about, but was willing to suck up) but than when we talked to her the story changed and she asked to stay for more days to help out her step-son-in-law. I guess the deal is that she's down visiting Jess (Joe's step-sister and her step-daughter) and her kid while Kyle (Jess' husband) is out of town for some military training thing. Well, after she's there she's coming to visit us while Jess goes up to MI for a week with Gavin (the kid). Kyle is going to drive up to MI to be with Jess after his training but doesn't like driving by himself so Joe's mom is going to go up with him...but this means that he has to drive by himself for like 5 hours to get to us to pick her up. And, more importantly, she won't be leaving Saturday or Sunday but will be here until at least Friday. I so know that she's going to drive me nuts, as usual. I already told Joe. She better get ready for walking with us and eating healthier because that's what we do in this family. She's already not smoking and using the Commit lozenges, like Joe did to quit. So, at least I don't have to deal with the smoking all the time. Either way, I'd love to know how I keep getting sucked into having her here WAY longer than expected.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home