Yesterday Joe called me from work with horrible news. One of the managers at the store died suddenly that morning. He had gone out for a run in the morning knowing that he was working the closing shift at the store (with Joe) and while he was running he had a heart attack, ended up at the hospital and died not that much after. Ed had a heart condition that meant he needed to get surgery every couple of years to clean out his heart, which he wasn't even due for for a long time. It's so hard to believe that something like that happened, in that way, so fast, to someone we know. It's such a reminder of how precious life is and how we need to enjoy every minute of it. I feel so bad for all of Joe's co-workers, it's so hard when something like this happens. I can't imagine what it's like to find this out and still have to be nice to the customers that come in and act like nothing is wrong. Joe said he had to do a registry with a couple and had the hardest time being excited for their pending event knowing that Ed had just died no more than three hours earlier.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm not sure just what we're doing. I asked that things be taken care of around the house because that would make me happy and meet my needs for my "special" day. I have to keep telling Joe that his doing stuff around here that's been waiting to be done and the new blender we just bought were enough of a gift. I guess grand gestures are lost on me. I don't like the surprise because I'm afraid that I'll not like the gift and I don't have the patience to wait either!
I've been constantly going through my clothes to see what I have that's been in the closet for a while that I can now wear again. It's great to go "shopping" in your own closet with clothes that you like. The part that worries me is when I get to a point that all my stuff is too big and I have to buy everything. Argh. I'm glad that I have some random sizes in my closet now that helps out with this for now.
A talk with my sister the other day left me feeling really bad for her. She is working for a non-profit before and after program for kids and they have had a bunch of problems since she started. She's not high enough up to change things, but high enough that she's got to deal with it all on a daily basis. Well, she's been talking about changing jobs and trying to figure things out as to finances and such when she could out that they are giving them notice and she's out of a job at the end of the school year. Well, non-profits don't have to put money into unemployment, so she won't even be eligible for benefits to cover her when she's done with work. It's hard because she's got kids that would need to be in some type of a care program during the summer if she has a job, but she won't know if she does have a job, and doesn't know if she should sign them up or not. It's so hard. I keep thinking how she should move down this way. Heck, I could watch the kids during the day if I needed to (5 and 10 years old) and she could figure out work stuff.
I keep seeing one of those rewards commercials with the Spice Girls song in it, makes me want to pull out those CDs and take a listen. Maybe for the treadmill, when I remember, that would be good fast paced music to keep me going. Which, by the way, I did 70 minutes today. Peaked at 8% incline and 3.9 speed. Felt great!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home