I was reminded by a good friend that I hadn't posted in a while. I kept meaning to, but by the time I would sit down to type away something would come up and stop me. Oh well, I'm here now and ready and willing to type away.
If you've been keeping track you know that Monday is my weigh-in day. This week I lost 2.4 lbs for a total of 44.3 lbs. I'm happy with that, not thrilled but not disappointed. I'm good with it. It's important to see constant progress and I'm not just talking about the scale either. I would be happy if it meant I was able to do a heavier weight or a higher incline or a faster speed...just progress, plain and simple.
This week my head has been all over the place. We're heading up to MI to see my in-laws and as you can imagine I'm not overly thrilled about it. The cost of this trip keeps going up all the time, emotionally and financially. Between the hotel, food and gas...I'm not sure just how much in the hole it will put us. (It's not as if we'll be poor, but in terms of our budget, it will put things out of the comfort zone that's for sure.) I'm just glad that the hotel we are staying at has a kitchen in it, because I plan on at least breakfast and lunch there, I'd love to do a dinner or two but I have a feeling that's going to be hard to accomplish. My husband's friends keep saying that they want to go out to eat once or twice, I'm thinking to myself, that's all well and good but first off, it's hard for me on Weight Watchers since I'm not at home and things are different (I can make due, but it's going to be hard) and because the cost of eating out all the time adds up so fast. I'm already preparing for my mother-in-laws crying and laughing non stop. I have to keep reminding myself that she's got a problem (not being mean here, she's really on Zoloft, but I have to wonder how well it works if she still seems manic/depressive to me). Argh. And people wonder why I used to tell some of my friends to marry and orphan, at least you don't have to deal with their family.
Okay, so that comment sounds cruel. And I feel for those that don't have families, but I also feel for those that families that are strange or crazy or well, just families that get on your nerves.
Our taxes still aren't done yet. This is totally not my fault or the fault of our tax advisor/preparer. Long story short, I have some accounts that were given to me when my grandfather died (since my sis and I split my dad's "share" of the estate...remind me to write about this later, it's why I don't talk with that part of the family) and it included some funky limited partnership stuff. I guess those companies don't need to file until April 15th, which means they don't actually need to send out their information until than either, which means that anyone that has an account with them may need to file an extension for their personal taxes. Argh! I don't even like having these accounts because they aren't worth crap and always cause me problems like this. So, I called and it seems the tax stuff was only sent out the other day, but they faxed our tax guy. He's going to have it done for us to pick up Sunday since we leave on Monday. I'm so hoping to get money back. I can't imagine we wouldn't get something. Heck, I just want to put it towards bills so I hope there is something there for us.
Joe and I talked about this the other day and I think we want to do the MS walk next year. This years walk is this coming weekend and that's just not practical for us with going to MI and Jackson's age. But, next year I think we should all do it. I'm glad to see that there such an event out there to support those with Multiple Sclerosis, like my mom. This disease effects everyone in such a different way, it's hard to know what the next day will bring.
Okay, how bad is it that I've been trying to get my sister to move down here. I know that Frederick isn't exactly a place she should afford to live. But, there are places around here that might be affordable. I think it's my selfish way to get some help when my Mom lives here with us. To have some family close would make things easier at times, plus I think that it would help my mom to have family around here more. Especially the kids, since she doesn't seem them all that often.
Rambling, rambling...I know. Must be due to the fact that I worked out this morning. 60 minutes on the treadmill and a 40 minute The Firm tape. I'm hoping to get out a little tonight as well, either walking outside with Joe, Jackson and Pippy...or even going to Wal-Mart to pick up some things we need. How much of a mom am I? I want to go to Wal-Mart and would be happy with that being our trip out tonight...lol. I'm even more excited about the fact that I've heard rumors our closet Wal-Mart is supposed to become a Super Wal-Mart...yeah, I'm a dorky mommy now...little things like that are my thrilling information for the week...lol.
Well, we'll have the laptop and hi-speed connection at the hotel, so hopefully I'll be venting about our trip while will in MI. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home