Today was a relatively slow day for me.
Joe is working at the Baltimore Bridal Show today and tomorrow for Bed, Bath and Beyond. He doesn't usually work both weekend days, but for this event he has to every year. The upside is that it means he gets a day off later at his asking, to make up for it. The downside is that he's working on Superbowl Sunday. This poor guy hasn't been able to watch much, if any, of the football season and he doesn't know if he'll get home for the big game. His district manager told him he could leave the bridal show early tomorrow to get home in time for the game, but who knows if that will really happen or not.
I'm happy that Jackson is asleep now. He had a few sessions of crying, which is the nice way to call what he was doing. I know it must have to do with teething, but it does wear on you after a while. It's at times like these that I get upset with hubby. Not really with him persay, but just the fact that I don't think he has any idea of what it's like when Jackson is like this. I mean, for goodness sake Jackson is so excited to see him that he's a good boy when Daddy's home. Argh! I know it's because he doesn't get to see him that often, but it gets so annoying for me. One good thing that has come of the past few days is that we went for a full hearing screening for Jackson and he passed. I was worried that he wouldn't, since he doesn't really speak. But, the audiologist said that he passed just fine. Now we're going to be meeting with the speech therapist again to see what we can do. She has to do a full evaluation to even make sure we can have the free services that the county offers, but she's pretty sure from what I told her that he will qualify. Thank goodness that we are already apart of the program because adding on services is really easy.
Things in the area of food are going pretty well. So much better when I plan out my food. It's when I don't plan things out that I get into a lot of trouble...eat...eat...eat. Planned out though, I can ensure that I'm eating healthy and within my point allowance. Plus, today I hit the treadmill for an hour, did free weights for about half the time I was on the treadmill and did crunches afterwards. I feel so much better when I workout. I used to take a nap when Jackson took his nap, but now I workout and don't feel as tired during the day. It's great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home