It's snowing, snowing...mind you, no calls for snow in the forecast until...you guessed it...it had already started! Argh! We have at least an inch here already and it will be snowing for a few more hours.
Things with Weight Watchers are going pretty well. So far I've lost a little over 15 lbs. Although, this week has been bad and I won't be surprised it when I weigh in on Monday I gained some weight. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, just get over it and move on. The major problem for me is if I don't plan out the food ahead of time. When I don't plan I get into major trouble! So, last night I planned todays meal and tonight I'll plan for tomorrow. Heck, plus this way I have a better chance of cooking and giving in to eating out. It's also good because it makes it clear to me that I need to continue the working out. So far I usually do 50-60 minutes on the treadmill and use free-weights while I'm on it so keep the upper body moving as well. I ordered a workout collection from QVC called "The Firm" that came in the other day, but I have to read all the information before I start doing that. For all I know I'll end up hurting myself if I just go ahead and start working out with it. I have noticed though that if I take a day off from working out, I feel it the next time I work out again. I don't know what to become one of those workout freaks, but I see why/how it happens.
Today Jackson had a great play-date with his friend Gabe. Gabe's mom had a obgyn appt because she's about 5 weeks from her due date and it's too hard bringing a lil' guy when you're having one of those types of appts. So, he came here and we played. It was great. We have a play date anyway on Thursday, we just pushed up the time. The boys were just fine and are getting used to being with one another.
Tomorrow I take Jackson for a full hearing screening. It's kinda scary and I hope we don't find anything, but the dr wanted it because he still doesn't really talk, just the same four or so words that he's been saying since he was 15 months and he's almost 19 months. After that we'll be setting him up with the speech therapist again to see what the situation is. Last time the ST was out he was still kinda young and they were doing it to make mommy and daddy feel better, this time they're realizing that something may be wrong. Hopefully not, but at least we'll know. The great part is, I don't have to pay for any of this. It's all a part of the Frederick County Infants and Toddlers program that he's been a part of since he was brought home from the hospital (at that time only because of his arm, but we get all the services). Well, most everyone comes out to your house, but I go into the center for the hearing test because of all the stuff we have to do for the test. Of course I'm nervous but I know it has to get done.
Besides all that, nothing much really going on. Trying to decorate for Valentine's Day, but I don't have that much to put up. I can't seem to find stuff that I like that doesn't need to be hung up. Because really, how much can you really hang up in the house? I already have a few things hanging. I do have my recently passed Aunt Janet's cranberry glass, so some of that is our and adds color for the holidays.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home