Tomorrow is my birthday and from what I can tell, it will be completely uneventful. This isn't to say that my husband doesn't know or care that it's my birthday. But, the fact is, he's got to work and isn't in the position to really do anything exciting for me. Under normal circumstances I would have asked him to take the day off to stay home with me and our son, but this year he'll be taking the day after off because we have a child's 2nd birthday party to go to. We're lucky enough to have neighbors that have kids and we get along with them, so Jackson's buddy is turning two and we'll be there to celebrate. After the birthday party for Gabe we'll be contacting other neighbors that we are friends with and going out for my belated birthday celebration. I'm excited about it all, especially the food aspect, since I'm understandably picking the location.
Food as become even more important to me lately than before. This is because with being on any form of a diet you have to be aware of what you're eating. I'm okay with watching what I eat just so long as I can occasionally have a treat. Which is exactly what I'm doing with WW. It definitely has made me aware of how bad things are for you that you would normally think are okay to eat, you might even think that it's a good option for a "lite lunch"...but that might not be the case...argh! Oh well, I'm doing okay and haven't freaked out wanting anything just yet. But than again, I've also had some chocolate bar and my fav breakfast choice from Panera Bread and accounted for that in my daily point count. I've been on enough diets to know that any diet that deprives you of a food that you like, is the same diet that will fail you in the long run. Plus, as added bonus is that I'm finally using the treadmill we bought years ago and even liking it!
We had a really welcome phone call last night from ex neighbors of ours. They lived across from us at the apartment in Rockville, but had to move to Washington state for a job. They are currently down visiting his family in Virginia and after will be going to live up with her family in Ontario, so they are going to stop by and see us and the little guy on the way. It's so exciting because we haven't seem them in over 3 years when they moved out of the apartments. So fun!
I also received some odd news from another friend, this one I've known since college. She's now in NYC with a big lawyer job and seems to be loving it. The funny part of my e-mail from her was the fact that she finished a tapping of Calorie Commando, which is a show on Food Network. It seems that somehow she got to be one of the people on the show that wants to have a favorite food re-worked to be lower in fat and calories. Since I haven't seem her in over two years it might be the only way that I get to see her.
Jackson had a play date yesterday. It was a great time for him and for me, because it's a time for mommies to get together and talk just as much as the kids to play. We did the play date last week as well, but it was the first week and the kids were getting used to spending that much time together. This week was better and in time they will be great. The kids are 6 months apart, which isn't a big deal but at times can be a problem because a toddler grows a lot in that amount of time. No matter what, it's good for them to play and have fun.
Well, now I need to head in and continue playing with Jackson. He's in the other room with the dog laughing, this can only mean that the dog is licking him all over.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home