Gosh, I guess with the holidays and being sick I really stepped off the face of the earth for a while. I didn't plan on it...but then again...I also didn't plan on my in-laws coming down for Thanksgiving all being sick. I mean really, who goes to visit people (especially when you are staying in their house) when you are sick and stay for a few days! The story as we've been told is that they didn't feel sick until the car ride down, which may well be the case since it is anywhere from a 8-10 hour ride. But, I also have known these people for over 6 years and can pretty much guarantee that they were sick before they left the house. If for nothing else than the fact that they had an awful lot of cold medicine with them when they arrived at my house at 4 in the morning...you can get all the stuff they had at a rest stop. Either way, all three of them came into my house sick and two stayed until Saturday with my mother-in-law staying until the following Sunday. I was counting the hours until she left near the end. That's just too long for someone to be in your house, especially when we all ended being sick because of it all. My hubby ended up with bronchitis, which I'm still irritated about because I don't once think I heard sorry from them or even a mention about how maybe they should have left earlier or something...and everyone wonders why I have issues with them. Well, all said and done...we've made it VERY clear that if they are sick ever again they aren't allowed in the house...period...end of story.
Let's see...what else has been going on...
I went to a cookie exchange that was a total waste of my time. I won't be making any of the cookies that were there because they are all crap. To add to the pleasure of the day I had to take my 17 month old with me to the event and all the cookies either had chocolate or nuts, both of which he can't have. So, needless to say he was irritated because he couldn't eat what everyone else was having. I ended up leaving early and an ex-neighbor brought me down my stuff when it was over. Fun times.
We were up in PA for a college friends daughters first birthday party...if you can follow that one. They live about three hours away so we were doing it as a day trip with me finding out that there was a QVC Outlet near them that we would go to on the way home. (This ended up being a very stupid idea because keep in mind this all day trip was the day before the cookie thing spoken of above.) Well, I got a really cool ring at the outlet which I loved and was completely vintage in style. Only to have it end up having a stone fall out of it while I was at the cookie exchange. The oh so fun part of buying something from one of the outlets is that it can only be returned to an outlet, the closest of which is 2 hours away from me in Lancaster, PA. So, Saturday we were gone all day for the party and shopping, Sunday I went to the stupid cookie exchange, and Monday my hubby went to work. I had the oh so brilliant idea of going to return the ring that Monday night after he got home from work. This idea wasn't too bad and wouldn't have worked out just fine. Except for the fact that my son was not happy about being in the car again for that long and basically cried the whole two hour trip back from Lancaster...longest 95 miles of my life. I will say that I first thought that 95 miles would only take about 1 1/2 hours, because lets face it, I always drive 10 above the speed limit. But, since the drive was on some smaller roadways it did take the whole 2 hours. Real easy to get to from our house though and I will be going back because there are two HUGE outlet centers up there. Including the QVC and the largest Carter's I have ever seen in my life.
I guess that something good came of those times in the car, it gave my hubby and I a lot of time to talk and I now know every word to the Wiggles Santa's Rockin' DVD!
Also, in the midst of all the drama I had a little breakdown...
argh child crying...gotta go...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home