It's been a very long time since I've blogged. I credit this to my husband who has still not gotten to the bottom of the problem with out laptop. This leads me with heading to the desktop computer when our little guy is napping and I don't have any one of numerous other things to get done. I never realized how important that the laptop was or even more importantly, just how snobby I had become in the use of the electronic device. In any case, I don't have use of a computer in the area of the house where I spend most of my waking hours and this had lead to a lack of blogging. Right now I'm in our computer room with the dog laying all over the floor with legs in the air and I think she's even sleeping. Since she's in here with me this means that the cats are most likely downstairs enjoying time without her. And, Jackson is asleep in his room napping through all the racket that's taking place behind our house.
The little guy got through his fractured leg just fine and the cast didn't slow him down at all. He only had it on for three weeks and he came home to run around like normal. He does a lot of that, running around. But even more so than running, he does a great deal of throwing. I never knew that many kids went through a stage where they throw things all the time. It doesn't matter what they are throwing or at whom they are throwing it, it's just about the action. He's doing great though and that's the only thing I need to be worrying about.
Our basement seems as if it's finished, but then I get a call from the contractor saying that the inspector won't sign off on the project unless we have this expensive thing done to the water-heater. I'm still not sure what it's all about any my hubby plans to call them tomorrow to find out more information because it seems really strange to me that it's going to cost us as much as they are estimating. I can't wait for this to be over, completely over, with no more calls and everyone out of our house for good.
I can't believe that the year is almost over already. I have so much to go for the holiday season and feel as if it's never going to be fully taken care of. Just when you've finished putting up the Halloween decorations you're taking them down to put up the Thanksgiving decorations, which will only be up until the day after the holiday when I'll be putting out all the Christmas/Winter decorations. It's crazy and I can't believe that the Christmas music is already playing at some of the stores that I've been in. And I wonder why my husband won't let me play holiday music in the house when he's home, he's darn sick of listening to it all 10 hours that he's at work each day! All of which makes me want to buy all my holiday gifts/presents online. I've already purchased a few things, but I have no idea what to get for most of my list of people, which makes the process a lot harder to get through. My family needs to just stop giving gifts and just enjoy spending time together, for goodness sake I see most of these people only once a year at the holiday, how in the world am I supposed to know what to get them! I definitely would be less stressed about the holiday if I could just skip having to buy them gifts.
I guess if I talk about my family I need to mention my in-laws, who will most likely get something for my son that isn't age appropriate, isn't something I want him to have/or he doesn't need, and is too big. It will be like his birthday gift all over again. They will be here for Thanksgiving again and I'll have to deal with all the things that come up when they spend time at my house, but it's the holidays and it's what having a family is all about. (I still stick to the comment that I used to regularly make to one of my friends...marry someone that is orphaned, you don't have to deal with their strange family.)
Gosh not much else going on here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home