9.20.2004

As I'm typing this my son is with my hubby at the hospital being x-rayed. We don't know how, when, or why...but Jackson started limping and wigging out when we touched is left leg. So, we kept an eye on it, as the doctor told us to do, and today made an appointment for him to go to the doctor's office. Joe ended up having to take him as I needed to be home for the construction people. Anyway, Joe took Jackson to the doctor and they looked at him and said that he needed to have x-rays done to know what's going on for sure. I haven't heard anything in about an hour so I'm assuming that they are waiting to have the x-rays done. I know that Joe will call me when they are done. As much as having to put his leg/ankle in a cast will mean we know what's wrong and it will be taken care of, I also don't want to see such a little guy be in a cast! They said there is a slight possibility that his cold lead to an infection which is causing problems with his hip...but...his hip doesn't seem to be a problem so the idea of their being a fracture in his leg or foot seem to be a better theory. Either way, I'm home, worried, and waiting for a phone call.

Our money situation got a little better the other day. Just when I was freakin' out the most I was sent some money. It's all a part of my grandfather's estate stuff that I was giving a share of when he died because my sister and I split my father's share of the inheritance since he's also dead. It's a long story. I'm just glad that it means we have a little cushioning which is so desperately needed when you're trying to run a household and have a child...and need not forget...I don't have any income for the house.

I love this time of year. So much so that I try to fit the word Autumnal into any conversation that I'm having. The brisk air and need to wear a sweater or jacket rejuvenates me. I don't know if it in some way brings me back to the days of starting a new school year and the hope that a new start brings, but no matter what it is I still, and always will, love this time of year. The colors, the smells, the feel in the air and even the seasonal foods top my lists of favorites.

Call me a dork, but I love the show 7th Heaven. I may have even talked about this before in my blog, but I don't care, I really like this show. I like being able to sit down and watch a show with my family that doesn't cause me to keep my finger on the remote in case I need to change the channel due to improper content.

Laundry is going and I'm still waiting for the phone to ring to let me know what's going on. I'm not sure how my hubby is doing with having a not to happy baby without me there to help out. I hope he's doing okay and more importantly, I hope that Jackson is doing okay.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Kim, I'm praying for your little guy. Drop me an e-mail to let me know how he's doing when you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home