9.16.2004

Tired. I don't know if that can fully explain how I feel right now. Exhausted. Better, but still not doing it. I need some quality sleep, but the fact is that I won't be getting it. I don't know if the lack of sleep made me sick, or the sickness made me long for sleep. Either way, I've got a cold that won't go away and need sleep that won't come.

I realize looking at our bank account online last night that the next few weeks are going to be much tighter than I thought. So tight that we need to basically not spend any money or a check could bounce and we would be screwed. I know to get through this time I will need to take my husbands bank card away since he has a tendency to take money out without my knowledge and therefore causes me more hardship with the finances.

Mentioning my husband, it's his birthday today. No big thrills this year. No cards, no gifts, no plans to eat out (although he doesn't know this yet because he thinks we are going out with friends later this week, just can't afford it now). He is however getting french toast for breakfast...we'll come with something for lunch...and he requested pasta with meat sauce for dinner. All of which are easy for me to make and we have all the fixin's for in the house. I must say one thing though, he better get up soon because I'm very hungry and want to eat soon.

These storms are doing me in, I know that it's nothing like what our neighbors to the south are getting and I can't even imagine what they are all going through. But, I'm willing to go to my selfish place and say that my dog is driving me nuts coming into the house with muddy dirty wet paws. She just starts running around without any knowledge to the fact that she's making a mess of the first floor. Logically, I know she's a dog and doesn't get it, but still, it doesn't make it any less messy and annoying to have to clean up.

I can hear Jackson crying up there and don't hear his father moving to take care of him...so...I guess this means that I get the pleasure of doing it. Poor kid is teething still and has a cold (most likely a part of the teething and not on it's own). He sounds so pitiful while sleeping all stuffed up and nose dripping.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Kim, please wish Joe a happy birthday for me!

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks Kate, I will definitely send your regards on to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home