5.19.2003

Last night we found out that our day care situation fell through. I'm still very irritated about this whole situation because I think it's bull that it happened. My main thought is, how do you not know how your contract is written and if you can just kick a kid out? So, now with less than 10 weeks before my due date I have to find someone that will take an infant. Try doing that! Infants spots fill up the fastest, making them the hardest to find. Plus, they don't have my off the phones at all today, except for when I take lunch. This doesn't really help me because it really doesn't leave time for me to do the things I have to do...or heck...even get up from my desk for goodness sake!

I guess this whole problem will have it's advantages. I was somewhat worried how this would leave our friendship with the neighbors that have the daycare in their house. Prior to all this, I was worried that things would be strange...like going out to dinner with them wouldn't happen as much or things along those lines. Well, it's definitely strange right now. Basically, I don't really want to see them until we have something lined up for the baby, but I don't know if that's possible...seeing as one of our neighbors is having a party on Saturday that we'll all be at. Not sure if I'll be able to find something before that. I don't want this to effect things, but I have a feeling it might in the short term.

I've already called a few places. One has nothing open, but we'lll most likely go onto the waiting list. The other might have something and we are on the waiting list. The last I left a message for the director to call me back, and I'm hoping she calls soon so that I have some clue what they have to say.

Long and short of it all...weekend kinda sucked! And Monday is even worse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home