8.01.2002

Since I haven't made an entry since Monday, I thought I would take a few minutes to put some thoughts down...

First off, I forgot to put in my Monday blog that our house almost burned down over the weekend. Long story short...a "toy" we got at Dave and Buster's...one of those things where the light moves based on your hand touching the globe...well, it sort of...over heated and started to smoke. The plug was so hot that I had to disconnect it and then throw it onto a wood table (smart move, I know). Then I was able to take it by the cord, which was fraying and falling apart, put it in the sink and pour water all over it until it stopped sizzling. Essentially, if we hadn't gotten up early to feed and walk the dog, their would have been a fire. And, if for some reason we had gone out on Saturday morning, the house would have burned down. Nice thought, huh? Just check the things you have plugged in, we have.

Tuesday night, after getting up at 4 am that morning, leaving the house at 5 am to drive down to the Shady Grove Metro (because of the Amtrak derailment, the MARC wasn't running), starting work at 7 am, working until 3 pm (without a real break) and getting home after 5 pm...I had a nervous breakdown in the middle of my kitchen. There were many things that contributed to this happening, all of which would seem trivial if you were to read them, so I won't include...but nonetheless, there were a bunch of little, medium, and big things that pushed me over the edge. I started to cry uncontrolably...sobbing. Vinni knocked over Pippy's water bowl, water went flying everywhere and the crying just got worse. I know I had to be in this state for over 45 minutes. I continued what I was doing, feed the dog, took her outside to do her business....all while sobbing! I can honestly say I have no clue how or why I stopped, I just know I did. I pulled myself together enough to play with the cats and dog for a while before I had to put Pippy in her crate and went upstairs. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep between 8 and 8:30 pm, only to wake up when my hubby called around 1 am to tell me he was leaving work to come home (he started work at 1 pm, so I knew he was going to be tired). He was sweet and told me that he would give me a backrub when he got home (although he tried to ignore that once he got home and I had to remind him, gently...lol).

Wednesday morning came around, the alarm clock started to go off at 6:15 am, as it does on the days when I work in Rockville. I just couldn't do it. I hit snooze a few times, tried to get up, looked at my husband and said "I really can't handle going into work today." He's so supportive and even though it was his day off, to have to himself, he told me to call in sick and stay home with him. I did just that. I couldn't handle going into work and dealing with all the bullshit that I deal with on a daily basis. I'm glad I did it, I really needed my mental health day. Even though it means going leave without pay, since I have so little time left to take since I had the foot surgery, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Today meant getting up at 4 am again to go down to Washington, D.C. I was much more under control today. MARC train was up and running, there were delays in the morning, but only by about 5 or 10 minutes. I can't say the same for the ride home though. Anyone like to take a guess what time I got home tonight???? No really....guess??? Give up??? Let's see...my train was supposed to leave at 4 pm. We didn't leave until almost 4:30 because we were waiting for an Amtrak train to come into the station and we couldn't leave before they came in. I didn't think that was too bad, I had plans to have dinner with the hubby, but I called and told him I would be late. Next thing you know it's 5:15 and we are STOPPED just outside of Silver Spring. We didn't move for over 30 minutes...what was the delay you ask? Another Amtrak train. Normally, I would get to my station around 5:20 or 5:30, I didn't get to the station until 7:10! I know I'm not the only one that had to sit through it, but still, that doesn't make it any less irritating.

News on the baby project...If I don't get pregnant this month, I have to go to an infertility doctor. I've already been on the hormones and fertility drugs, but nothing has happened yet. Since they know I have some problems (I have Poly Cystic Ovaries), the obgyn doesn't want to wait like many other couples might. (Do you understand why I might be feeling a little out of control lately?)

Only a couple more days left with the boss lady being on vacation. It's been great not to have to see her face and put on a smile to make nice. I just want to puke when I think of how I have to play nice with the other kids, just to keep my sorry ass job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home