7.24.2002

Round two of our government detail started yesterday morning. I enjoy being downtown working with Mark and Salimah, but getting up at 4 am might just kill me. Pippy has been somewhat ignored since Monday night when I had to get to bed early to get up that early. I got home last night and had no energy to do anything but feed her and sit on the floor and attempt to play with her. I must say though, she didn’t do her business in the house, even though it was raining out, which has got to be a good sign.

This morning I was a little late for work. I had a good excuse though, Kristen was running late and I had to wait for her at the Park and Ride. Not my fault! No one has said anything to me about it, I don’t even think anyone even noticed. Which says a lot for what my importance here! The tide turned though when I opened up Outlook and saw that I had over 200 e-mails just from one day. Of course, most were for the listserv that I manage, but it still clogged up my e-mail.

I feel that the company I work for (who’s name will remain unsaid, to protect the stupid) is falling apart. Which can be seen in many of our contracts falling apart. For a VERY brief while when I first started here, a little under two years ago, I thought that our contract would remain untouched...we are one of the largest government contracts out there! The last few months have shown that means nothing and that in less than a year I may be out of a job. Since there is no way that I’ll be absorbed into the company, like most other contracts have the luxury of, we’ve absorbed some of them in our contract, I’ll be forced to job search to pay my bills (mortgage companies don’t care that the government is moving towards small businesses).

To offset this, I’ve been job searching already. As anyone that has ever really had to search for a job knows...it’s a job just looking for a job. You have to spend much of your time looking and searching, it’s unbelievable. Good luck to all those searching, I hope the right job opportunity is out there!

Life is funny though, you never know what’s going to happen on a given day. Planning just gets you so far and after that you can’t do much else, just be the person that you are and go from there.

I’ve been trying to make an effort to put God at the forefront of my life. This has been difficult to do, I grew up with religion all around me. I went to a parochial school (you kinda have to go when your forefathers were founders of the school) and we went to church on Sunday. After my dad died and things fell apart at home I slowly moved away from my faith. My mind instantly thought about how my dad was on almost every church committee there was and how he worked with community service groups and was never home because he felt he had to not only do his job running a few different businesses, but that he also needed to serve his church community...and where did that leave him? Dead at 43, leaving behind a wife and two daughters! I logically know that God doesn’t do things to get back at you and will only give you obstacles that you are able to get through, but my logic had gone out the window.

In time, I’ve come to realize that it’s also about being a good person. I don’t question if someone is church going or religious, I base it on the type of person they are, how they treat others and how they treat themselves. Needless to say, I’m still working on having God in my life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home