Yesterday morning Salimah and I ran around getting fingerprinted. It's amazing the type of people you meet while in a goverment office (not to say that I wouldn't accept a job from any of organizations that I've submitted my resume and applications with). The woman that was doing our fingerprinting was SO SLOW. Not to be mean, but I thought I could hear the wheel turning in her head after we asked a question! Oddly enough, we both thought that since we were asked to come down, it would mean the process of obtaining our DOJ security clearances was almost over. Only to find out that it was just the opposite, it's only just beginning. Get ready friends and family, you're about to be called about my character...please be kind.
I left work early yesterday planning on having my stitches removed. It's been approximately 20 days since I've had foot surgery and I would really like to have them out, it's causes me pain now and I'm over it. After I leave the office, get in the car and work my way up 270, I pick up the phone to call my husband and let him know I left work and will come home before my appointment if I have the time (he had a day off from work, gotta love retail). He tells me that the appointment has been cancelled because they lost power at the office and I have to reschedule. I was about to cry, right there, trying to get out of the local lanes and onto the main part of 270, I was tearing up. Frustrated I drove home, backed into the driveway only to see my dumbass neighbor watering his flowers. I stormed into the house, screaming bad words and telling my husband he better go tell him to stop. Not only is our region in a water shortage and drought, but our town only has enough water to last until the end of this month (from what the reports say). Joe went and told idiot who proceeded to comment..."then I'm supposed to just let my plants and flowers die?" I guess it's take a real genius to realize that our current situation may mean we won't have water to shower or drink in a few weeks or months if we all don't do our part to cut back our water usage. Yet another reason to dislike the pompous ass that lives next to me with his "I wanna dress like a J.Crew catalog" wife. I swear, I'm usually not this judgemental, but this couple irritates me.
Back to my stitches, I have an appointment for tomorrow at 4:30 pm. I have yet to tell my boss that this means I have to leave at 3:30 to ensure that I make it there in time. We'll have to see how that goes.
My sister has informed me that they are not coming for a visit now. I find that interesting because her excuse was scheduling... hhhmmm... she, nor her loser husband, have jobs right now. What is there to schedule? She also hasn't given my any information for my oldest nieces birthday, which I requested last week. Yet again the gift will be mailed to arrive after her birthday. Nothing I can do about that now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home