8.09.2002

I wrote this yesterday, just didn’t get a chance to blog it...

Today I decided to do something different...I’m composing my daily entry on my train ride home. Even though I’m tired, I don’t feel like napping on the MARC. I never seem to be able to get a good rest anyway. Since I’ve mentioned the MARC train, you know what today was, of course, it was my day on government detail!

The best thing about this fine day, August Eighth Two Thousand and Two was that I finally got my ID badge. Seems “Ms. Delayed Reaction” finally did her job and made a few calls. Not that I’m complaining, really I’m not, I’m just glad to have access to the building. But, there is something unsettling about my picture. Beyond the fact there is a purplish blotch on my cheek, there is something else. It’s almost as if they picture is me, but in an alternate universe. To sum it up, I look like myself, but not really.

Dinner this evening will consist of Chick-Fil-A, if all goes as it usually does. I plan to pick my hubby up and go to dinner on his break. Since he’s working the closing shift today, the only time I saw him was when I left the house around 5 am and he was taking the puppy our for a walk.

As I mentioned yesterday, Pippy had an appointment at the Vet. I got home with enough time to go with Joe for the visit, which was a good thing because he’s already taken the cats a few times and I had yet to be there. Well, the visit went just fine, even if the Dr. was running late. Between the assistant and the Vet, we left feeling really good about ourselves. Seems that she is doing excellent for her age and our training and discipline is paying off. The only frightening part was seeing that she’s doubled in weight in a mere month. Joe how big is she going to get?

Stage III of the baby project officially begins, at least the implementation of it does. My five days of fertility drug treatments commenced last night so the conception process starts. One full week of once (if not more) a day attempts at making a new life. So much for romance, just get the job done.

I’ve been wondering if I should have been so open with our plans to have a child and the subsequent complications. It’s become almost a group project of sorts. I know everyone is concerned and only offers the best for us, but it still leaves some strangeness. That all said, I’m still completely open about it and most of all, I fully appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers.

My sexual prowess (of lack thereof) was brought to my attention while having a conversation with a friend today. While that was not the intention of having the discussion, it did raise the question – Should being married eliminate the fun of sex? Please keen in mind, the only sexual partner I’ve ever had is my husband, although I’m not his only partner. But, we did live as a married couple prior to being engaged or married, so there was an actual difference between non-marital relations and married ones. I’m not sure what happened or when, but I know that we just aren’t as exciting, or better put, spontaneous, as we were before. My best summary is that all relationships have ebbs and flows, which would mean we are just like most couples. Who would have guessed we might be “normal.”

On a completely unrelated note, check out information on coasters that can detect if someone has spike your drink. Just another interesting thing I’ve learned while reading grant files.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home