I’m still tired, but I thought I would take a few minutes to put something down. Also, it’s a way to make myself look busy at work, when in reality I’m done with all my work for the day.
Yet again, the boss lady has made it known that she’s the manager and I’m the subordinate. I’d been doing work all day, when she wasn’t even here and with no one to watch over me to ensure my work, but doing it nonetheless...she finally comes back from a meeting and “stops by to check in”...i.e....make sure I’m here and make sure I’m doing work. Hadn’t talked with her for a while and then when a co-worker was in my office, talking about a few non-work items...boss lady comes over and gives me a hard time about the work I do downtown and how I need to check in with one of the contacts on site. It’s not even the fact that the conversation was had, it’s the old adage, “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it!” Attitude is not needed, I get the point when I’m spoken to and I don’t need ‘shorty’s’ title/authority to go to her head.
All in all, work has been one big drama-fest today. I wish everyone would just leave me out of it and go about their own business.
I get to leave work for the day soon. So happy that the puppy has a vet appointment, it allows me the luxury of getting the heck out of here before everyone else. It’s amazing what 30 minutes less at work will do.
Joe had a list of things to do today. I feel bad that I leave him with chores, but ya know, that’s the way it has to be. Laundry was the most important thing and I know he’s already done a few loads of that.
Joe’s friends come to stay with us for a day or so at the end of next week. Luckily, it’s only two of them and their significant others, so it’s not that bad. I know there is going to be some issue at one point, but I’m prepared. It’s my house darn it and I’m not going to be made to feel bad while in it!
The word that’s summed up my thoughts a few times during the day...COPACETIC. This applies to a few different people and situations during the day, I’ve even felt like it’s been good for me at times too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home