Been crazy couple of days again...but life with two kids is destine to be that way, right?
Currently Joe had Nathaniel at the ER to check his breathing. Yep, 10 pm on a Friday and I'm sitting here trying to not go nutty while they are there. He started to shallow breath so we got worried.
Back story here is that Jackson stayed home from school today because he's having some sick issues as well. Last night he started up with a fever, sore throat, all that. Threw up during the night and missed school because of it...fun times. Sadly, we missed the carnival at school too because you can't go to that when you didn't go to school. Today I noticed that Nathaniel was feeling a little hot and I ended up calling the peds office and talked with a nurse.
Mother's Day is just around the corner and I have a house of sickie kids. Joe and I aren't getting great sleep because of it and we all really just need time to sleep and get better. Added bonus, Joe's working on Sunday and going out with the guys after work to see a movie. Some Day for me, right? We were supposed to go celebrate tomorrow, but I doubt that will happen now. Not complaining, just a little bummed out.
Yesterday we took Nathaniel to the ophthalmologist and he was cleared of the glaucoma, which was great. There is no certainty in it, but it's good to hear that from the perspective of the doc he's fine. We did find out that he's nearsighted and when he turns 1 year old we'll be getting him glasses to help him out. We did find out that he has a blocked tear duct and that's why his eye has been getting crusty. We have a prescription waiting at CVS to pick up tomorrow, never got around to it today. It should fix itself though, as he grows. The duct will get larger as he gets bigger, at least that's how it works for most babies.
Feeding is still a little nutty...but...the great news is that lil' man's weight is up and we're doing well on that front. He had his 1 month shots and we don't have to see the regular ped until 2 months. I've started to pump exclusively so that we know how much he's eating because I'm pretty sure he was just nursing for comfort and not worrying about quantity of what we going on himself, taking the bottle after to fill himself up. So, this way I feed with the bottle and than pump. That gets used the next feeding...and so on...and so on. It hurts me a little because I wanted that experience this time around, but I know it's best for him to ensure he's eating enough and getting his weight up and keeping it there.
Update on hospital visit...Joe e-mailed me and so far he's doing fine and of course not breathing the same now that they are there. Waiting for the doc to come in and than they will hopefully be able to leave.
My weight has been all over again, but I'm doing better the past few days at staying on track with counting and eating in my normal healthy manner. It's so hard to care sometimes though, when I'm swamped with other stuff for the kids and don't feel like I have time to worry. I need to be more planned out again with dinners, that will help a lot. Just a matter of actually doing it.
I don't remember if I mentioned it in the last posting, but Joe set up his dental appointments to have the teeth removed in preparation for the dentures to be put in. He's still bummed out that he'll go as long as he has to before they will do the dentures for him, but we know it will be the best for him and the fit will be best for the long run. He's having issues with weight and not using food for comfort too, so it's been hard. Plus, we're constantly trying to figure out a sleep schedule with the kids now so...he's having a hard time sleeping. Back to wearing his CPAP, which is great but means no help for me at night. I know I can wake him if I need help but it's just easier sometimes to do it myself. I am the one home during the day and he's the one working the minimum of 10 hours...so I am attempting to suck it up as much as I can.
I'm trying to think if there has been anything else...I know that this post is jumbled...I apologize for that. But, working off of what comes into my head as I don't have a lot of time to do this post and I'm working off of fumes at this time. Also, trying to stay occupied so that I don't freak out about Joe and Nathaniel being in the ER.
Oh, thinking of that, we're gone a year since Joe had his heart attack. Can't believe it's been a year. Gosh, so much has happened. Hard to believe that barely over a year ago he was in the hospital and I thought he was going to die on me.
Next week we're going to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. Go figure, right? Everyone acts like I'm nuts when I say how long it's been...I can't tell if that's good or bad. Either way, Joe's having to work the full weekend because of other employee's schedules and we're not sure when we'll do something. Not like I had big plans but I was hoping he'd be home that day. Yet another time of just dealing with being a retail manager's wife.
I need to eat something since I have to remember to keep the food intake up for the milk supply...oh the things I have to think about now...lol!
Jumbled ramble over...off to eat and wait for a phone call.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home