Still haven't had the time to do a birth story post, but I swear I never realized just how much time another person in this house was going to take up. Well, reality is that it's the feeding that takes up the time, not the baby himself.
Today we had yet another appt w/the pediatrician and that lead to more weight being put on and happiness all around. I still have to do a combo feeding (supplementing with formula) but that's for another week or so and than we'll see if going solely to breast might be okay. I really like this doc, he's younger which might have something to do with it. He's one of those people that you'd want to hang out with and have play dates with the kids...I think that helps out a lot. We go back next week to see him, which will also be Nathaniel's 1 month appt to get more shots and stuff.
I've made the extra appts too for Nathaniel. So, during the month of May he has to see the special pediatric ophthalmologist and urologist. Most likely the eye thing is nothing, but it could also be a form of glaucoma which we'd need to have taken care of. The urologist is most likely going to need to do something, it's just a matter of what age he's going to be when they do it. Oddly, because of his situation I've found out about other members of the family (Joe's side) that have had to see the urologist as kids about similar "problems". Not sure if that's something one would want to pass around as knowledge, but since it gets brought up for my baby the info gets passed by the aunts and uncles...lol.
I also talked with the midwife at my ob/gyn's office (since the ob that delivered him is on vacation this week) and I'm now on meds to help increase milk supply. So, since I've only just started and it's like a 10 or 13 day run of the meds, I'll have to see what happens and how success it is. Here's hoping and keeping fingers crossed for it. Just a note for anyone looking to maybe start up a good company to make serious money...nursing bras need to be more stylish and WAY more supportive. I swear, if you have girls that are little you're fine but if not...totally S.O.L.
Jackson has been acting up some. Lying, crying over little things, etc. But, at the same time he's really good with his brother and wants to hold him all the time. I know he just needs more attention from us, that will help out a lot, again goes back to the feeding issues and time needed for that. Working on it all though and hoping to get into a better schedule over time and allot more time to him.
My sister and nieces are coming into town tonight, driving down from Maine to stay until Sunday morning. I'm thrilled that they are able to come down...especially since her husband isn't coming this time around. It's a short visit but it will still be great. Just important to be able to spend some time with them. However, I've not done any cleaning for it and they will be here in mere hours. Guess I should start working on that, eh?
Oh, thinking of saying eh....hockey! Redwings are going to the second round. Love it! Now, my boy isn't on the team anymore and I'll have to see how the Rangers are doing since he's over there now (not bad, since even though I've from NJ I used to also love the Rangers too and my aunt and uncle have season tix to Ranger games).
Argh..my weight...hate it. Hate having to pick up some clothes that are bigger because the stuff I have is too tight. I know I just had a baby, but come on already. I refuse to purchase more than a piece or two of clothing. It may mean I can't leave the house...lol...since I won't have anything different to wear, but I'm not doing it!
Today isn't good either because I've been on a carb kick, which is bad for me. This is what happens when I eat something different for lunch. I wanted sushi and picked up some while we were out earlier, but also picked up some funky wheat berry fruit salad and some tofu curry salad, both with some carbs which put me in the mood for them and set me off. I ate some nutella people...chocolate...yum...but shouldn't have had it. Oh well. Add to it no workout because of early appt for Nathaniel...nice...next two days may be without exercise too...great.
Okay, now that I'm completely irritated with myself!
I've got laundry going and need to do more work on that cleaning...more work...ha! I need to start cleaning is more like it. Either way, I'm just glad my other visitors are gone and won't be back for a while.
Trying to figure out what our upcoming "vacations" will be like. Need to head to MI over the summer but trying to hook up with Joe's cousin and her family from TX while we're up there. However, she's the daughter of the aunt and uncle we stay with all the time, so it might be hard to host all of us and I'm NOT paying for a hotel again. If I'm dishing out $1,000 for a week in a hotel with 2 kids, I'm going on a stinking real vacation to somewhere with a beach! The other time away needs to be up to see my grandparents in NJ. I'm so worried that any phone call from NJ family will be that one of them has died, so I'd like to get the baby up there before something like that happens.
Any other vacation time that Joe has needs to be used for his dental surgery. He's getting the teeth pulled and dentures done. But, it means living with the healing time of probably a month. He'll need to take some time off right after the removal for the immediate healing. He's nervous and upset about the whole thing, but nothing we can do about it now. Just plan it and get it over with. He'll be happy about it in the end because right now he's not happy at all about his dental situation. I will say though...I'd love to see his parents chipping in some for this because it's his mother's poor parenting skills and lack of teaching her children to brush their teeth (along with a multitude of other valuable skills) that lead to this situation. But than again, she'd have to acknowledge she sucked it and wasn't the picture of perfection she'd like to pass it off as. If she only knew that I know all I do...she'd be kissing my ass like crazy to not tell her son. Okay...can't tell I'm bitter and angry about this at all...can you...LOL!
Off to clean...thank goodness I've not let the place get too awfully dirty...makes today a lot easier.
Enjoy this beautiful weather people. Today we're expected to hit, or I guess at this point to have hit, about 80 degrees out there. Love it. Windows are open and fresh air is in. Get out there and live in the moment...for it could be pouring down rain tomorrow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home