Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I know it's late at night to be wishing a good day, but it's the thought, right?
Our household celebrated the holiday yesterday since Joe was home for most of the day. It was technically his day off from work, but he didn't get in from working until after 10 am so it wasn't truly a full day. Well, anyway, he did his shopping and picking things up yesterday and I was given my presents in the afternoon. Jackson got me a heart shaped keychain that has Joe and his picture etched into it on one side and on the other it says, "Love You Always, Your Boys." Very sweet and Jackson was so excited to give it to me. Joe got me a Boyd's bear that was special done for me and it came with roses.
The reason we did the day early yesterday is because Joe was only really home for dinner tonight. He had to work early and by the time he cleared out our driveway, the cars and the sidewalk; he was late for work. That meant he was rushed during the day because right now he's at the hospital doing a sleep study. We're pretty positive that he has sleep apnea, based on the fact that he has pretty much every symptom they say you can have. So, tonight he's there and they'll have more info for us in the coming days.
I also was given another gift earlier in the week, but I'm not going to disclose that just yet. It's really a family gift to be honest and it wasn't exactly expected but not completely a shock. I have to apologize for being somewhat cryptic, but it's just not something that I'm willing to fully release to the world yet, have to wait a little while first.
This morning a friend has banded gastric bypass surgery. I have to admit, I wish he has done something different, but I know he did his research and this seems to be the best option for him. Well, all day long I've been wondering how the surgery went and tonight I got an IM from him. He's a computer guy, so he had his laptop with him at the hospital. He's very much out of it, it's very funny what he's IMing and what he's saying. So, I told him to go sleep and hopefully he is!
Oh, had my weigh in on Monday morning and I lost 2.4 pounds. This puts me only 1.5 pounds away from my goal weight. I can't believe it, seems kinda unreal to be honest. Never would have thought I'd be able to get this far on the journey and can't wait for the hardship of maintenance. I'll probably drop my goalweight, but I'll have to see how my body gets used to being this general weight for a while.
Also, earlier this week I received a call from the Dr's office and the results from my biopsy came in. This was the biopsy from when I had to go in for what they thought was a polyp but ended up being something else related to when Jackson was born and how poorly I was sewn back up after. Well, everything came back negative. That was pretty much what we thought it would be, since it wasn't actually a polyp, but always nice to actually hear it from the Dr's office.
Besides all of that I'm gearing up for having some Weight Watchers friends over on Sunday. I realized that I still haven't figured out what food(s) I'm going to supply, need to get on that! So glad that we're able to have another get together, it will be awesome to see some old friends again and be able to put faces to names of new friends.
The snow today was crazy. They still haven't cleared out my street, so that's been interesting. Plus, I know when they do clear the street it will mean having to clean out part of the driveway again since they'll just blow in some of that snow again. Gotta love that!
Guess that's about it from here. Lots going on, but nothing going on, all at the same time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home