1.13.2003

Well, we’re in a New Year. I haven’t made an entry for a very long time, so I guess I can still wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Things with us have been slow and nutty all at the same time...

I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and know for sure that it’s only one. My in-laws are still pushing for the baby shower up in MI. This can only lead to bad things because I’ve been experiencing motion sickness for over a month. Now, if you recall, I commute roughly an hour each way each day by car and when I go downtown the commute is approximately 2 hours, each way, on a train. Those who have ever experienced motion sickness can imagine what a train ride does to me. The funny thing is that my boss has consistently said to me that I look green. But, hasn’t once made a comment on my going downtown and what type of effect that has on me, even though I have mentioned it in passing to her. I guess that will lead to a BIG conversation at one point in time. One good thing is that if she attempts any of this, your job depends on it, type of talk with me...I’ll go to HR because that’s discrimination against pregnant people! I know my rights damn it!

Tensions are rising in my household. I think that my hubby and I have too much on our mind and not enough time in the day to take care of things. We had a fight on Saturday before hubby left for work because we just haven’t really been communicating lately. We always say that we need to work on that, but then some time passes and we do this all over again. I guess we’ll learn from this at one point, it’s all a matter of time.

The cat peed on my hubby’s clothes again. You would have thought he would have learned the first time around when she did this. But no. This has lead to some clean up. All I have to say is that I’m glad it wasn’t the dog doing that. She gets herself into enough trouble on her own. :-)

We’ve realized that we should start thinking of things to register for and start looking at “patterns” and such. I’m not a person that wants a theme room and I definitely will not be having a distinctly boy or girls room. But, I do want to have something that we will be able to use pieces of for some time. I’ve already decided what room in the house will become the baby’s room and I know that hubby (possibly with some help from the neighbor guys) will paint the room when I figure out what color. But, color is all dependent on print or pattern. Such a hassle.

On thing that we are halfway through deciding is the baby’s name. We’ve known for some time that the girls name will be Ella Suzanne. This stems from my love of Ella Fitzgerald and our mother’s middle names...my mother’s is Susan and hubby’s mom is Ann. We have yet to come to a conclusion on the boy name though. So far the names in the running are Jackson, Brendan and Maximus. I have a strong feeling we will go with Jackson but I’m not completely sure. A lot of this will be decided when we find out what we are having...and yes...I want to know. Just as soon as they think they will be able to tell me I want to know. Like I said earlier, it’s not like I’m going to do a pink room if it’s a girl or blue and green if it’s a boy. I simply want to know what it’s going to be. I figure I have some decent hand-me-downs from my sister’s two girls, but if it’s a boy I have to get some of those things to have. No way that I’m dressing a boy up in pinks and purples...lol.

Oh well. I guess I should go back to looking like I have some work to do. I’ve been trying to look busy all day, which some luck. I’ve emptied some documents out of my office and sent them off to our warehouse to storage. I love that feeling, cleaning out the office of un-needed supplies. I can’t wait for the time when I can do that for real. Just get rid of things, but know that I won’t ever have to worry about them again because I won’t be working there to use them. What a sweet day that will be. But not yet.

My birthday is on Wednesday. I don’t believe that we have any plans for the day, which seems just sad. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home